Field Service Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/17/2019
END DATE 12/16/2019
Epson America Inc
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for providing support on Epson Professional Imaging, Industrial and Commercial products regarding repair, usability, serviceability, installation, training and configuration to ensure a very high level of customer satisfaction. Ensure customer satisfaction is delivered and minimizes the amount of down-time the customer experiences. Supports pre and post launch activities and works to build positive business relationships with Epson customers. This location for the role will be remote from the San Francisco Bay area.
As a Field Technical Service Specialist, you will be responsible for:
* Analyzes product failures and makes repairs to quickly return equipment to production status either by telephone and/or on-site repair activities
* Makes recommendations for improved equipment performance
* Documents and submits service/repair activity
* Returns parts to warehouse as necessary
* Informs customer of equipment supply items, (ink, etc.) which require replenishment
* Performs research and assigned special projects by Management
* Performs product installations and conducts operator equipment production and maintenance training
* Delivers service training to service vendors and partners as assigned by management
* Applies electromechanical, printing and color theory, including knowledge of RIP's and the ability to create ICC Profiles with the installation, troubleshooting and repair of equipment malfunctions
* Identifies potential customer dissatisfaction issues and resolves or escalates as necessary.
* Performs special research/projects as requested by Service management Pre and Post Launch Activity:
* Assists with the creation of Installation, Service and Support documentation
* Provides hardware, software, configuration and networking support via telephone, email, chat and on-site at defined level on assigned products
* Perform phone, email and chat duties as assigned by management
* Performs customer site evaluations and product installations
* Requires more than 50% travel, often on short notice (next business day service)
* Will support customers in the San Francisco Bay area as well as other areas as assigned
* Provide service training to dealers and other service partners
* 5-8 years of experience in a similar role
* Completion of program at a community college, technical or commercial school or equivalent experience (minimum of a 2-year program)
* Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware and software problems
* Ability to organize and write technical reports
* Ability to read and understand product specification and manuals
* RIP and ICC Profile experience
* Field/on-site repair experience
Epson America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.