Field Service Technician I 6/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY
This position will be responsible for service, repair and installation of products. Location is in Louisiana.
* Travel locally within a 400 mile area, including overnight travel to assigned locations to repair, maintain, and troubleshoot problems with equipment.
* Handle all tasks, projects, and situations with high quality customer service, keeping customer needs at the forefront.
* Conduct routine maintenance to prevent mechanical malfunctions
* Provide hands-on service, repair and installation of all products manufactured by Rexnord, as well as similar products manufactured by competitors
* Promote a safe working environment by following established and required safety policies and practices at all times
* Other duties as required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIRED
* High School Diploma or equivalent, technical school training beyond high school is a plus,
* Minimum of 1 year of experience in one of the followings: Field Services, Millwright, Assembly, Machinist, Maintenance/Repair Technician, or Engineering
* Preferred prior experience with power transmission, couplings, universal shafts, rotating shafts, and predictive maintenance products
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other technical mechanical drawings is expected
* Experience correctly using measuring tools/equipment (ex. Micrometers, tooth calipers, and dial and electronic indicators).
* Ability to carry and lift heavy tools, equipment, and components (up to 60 lbs).
* Must be able to operate hand tools and stand for long periods of time
* Valid Drivers license is required
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Rexnord is a concentrated multiplatform industrial leader with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Every day approximately 7,000 associates across the globe work to deliver smarter solutions to our customers and create long-term value for our shareholders. Simply put, we advance the efficient use of resources by Solving Smarter.
Our Process & Motion Control platform supplies highly-engineered mechanical and digi-mechanical component solutions for complex production systems where reliability is critical, and the costs of failure or downtime are high.
TOTAL REWARDS AND BENEFITS
* Competitive Salary & Variable Incentive Compensation Plan (position specific)
* Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance
* Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
* Matching 401(k) Contribution
* Health Savings Account
* Educational Reimbursement
* Matching Gift Program
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Minority/Veteran/Disabled