Field Service Technician II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/7/2019
END DATE 1/24/2020
Butler America Aerospace L.L.C.
New Brighton, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONFIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: NEW BRIGHTON, MN
APPROXIMATELY 6 MONTH CONTRACT ROLE
The Field Service Technician II (FST) is responsible to travel to customer sites and inspect, install, commission, test, calibrate, and repair test cell projects; this may include building construction engine handling equipment, data acquisition and control systems, facility control systems, and specialized aerospace test equipment with moderate supervision. They will contribute to team efforts by
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Participate in inspections, troubleshooting, commissioning, calibrating, repairing and acceptance testing of and 3rd party equipment
* Provide start-up assistance and operational training to the customer
* Perform tasks including wiring, assembling, and installing electrical and mechanical components per engineering drawings
* Provide documentation of all work through site reports, expense reports and installation feedback forms
* Provide support and back-up troubleshooting for the Field Service Team Manager while in the office and on call
* Supervise local installation personnel and coordinate communications between the Customer, clients' staff, vendors, and sub-contractors during commissioning of the Project
* Assist with troubleshoot machine problems with customers over the phone
* Handle locale issues, including housing and local transportation for clients' personnel, local procurement, and local office management
* Advise Field Service Team Manager of potential customer applications for equipment replacements or additions
* Provide in-person and remote machine troubleshooting support to customers as part of a team or working solo across multiple facilities and locations
* Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Participate in inspections and acceptance testing of the client and 3rd party equipment
* Other duties as assigned
The above position description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential job functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of the position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of job functions or requirements. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested. Position responsibilities are subject to change over time in order to accommodate changing organizational needs.
* Technical degree in an electrical or electro-mechanical discipline preferred
* 3+ years of related work experience required
* 7+ years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
* Experience installing automated electro-mechanical systems in an industrial environment is preferred
* Experience installing electrical wiring, conduit and trouble-shooting is preferred
* Able and willing to travel up to 75% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service and team experience
* Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met
* Proficient with MS Office programs to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task, prioritize and excel in a fast-paced environment while exercising initiative and judgment as well as making decisions within scope of assigned authority
* Solid analytical and problem-solving skills including problem identification, analysis, action planning and execution
* Ability to install and adjust mechanical and electrical equipment with moderate guidance
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The majority of the time is spent on-site or in a typical office environment requiring the ability to use a computer and telephone which requires standing, sitting and typing for extended lengths of time. Frequently, the individual in this position will need to stand, reach, bend, lift up to 50 pounds, stoop, and kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal vision. The office environment will have normal lighting and climate control tolerances. The on-site environment can vary in lighting and climate. Additionally, the both settings will have moderate noise exposure. Travel conditions may involve being in an aircraft or automobile for extended periods of time.Test Cells is a global company and travel to any country may be required. Work is performed at a minimum of 40 hours a week.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The working conditions and requirements indicated here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.