Field Install Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/22/2019
END DATE 12/27/2019
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTION1STANLEY Healthcare provides over 5,000 acute care hospitals and 12,000 long-term care organizations with enterprise solutions that transform safety, security and operational efficiency. The STANLEY Healthcare solution set enables customers to achieve organizational excellence and superior care in five critical areas: Patient Safety, Security & Protection, Environmental Monitoring, Clinical Operations & Workflow and Supply Chain & Asset Management. These solutions are complemented by consulting, training, implementation and integration services. STANLEY Healthcare is proud to be part of Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. For more information, visit www.stanleyhealthcare.com.
The Field Install Technician sell products and services while delivering exceptional customer service in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
* Represent and support the Company in the field, through pre-sale site surveys, equipment installations, repair or replacement, and customer training, according to Company schedules, procedures, and standards.
* Complete equipment installation, repair, and inspection as directed
* Complete facility site surveys to determine usability for products manufactured and/or sold by the Company as directed
* Provide training to facility personnel in the operation and maintenance of installed equipment as directed
* Must be able to work alone and stay in contact with the office as scheduling requirements change
* Must be able to use product documentation, configuration manuals, knowledge base articles, and other information in order to correctly install, configure, and test equipment
* Must be able to follow and comply with processes and procedures while working alone or with others
* Must be able to read and understand a Scope of Work in order to complete projects fully and correctly
* Work days will typically be Monday Friday, though occasional weekend or holiday work may be necessary in some circumstances
* Participation in an on-call rotation is required
* Required to drive a van on a regular basis
* Required to climb and stand on ladders, sometimes for extended periods of time
* Required to stand in and crawl through tight spaces occasionally under extreme temperatures (attics, crawl spaces, utility access, etc.). Crawl space access may be as small as 16
* Required to work with tools while reaching above your head for extended periods of time
* Required to lift up to 50 lbs. 75lbs may be required in some instances
* Must have the ability to travel extensively, overnight, on a regular basis
* High School Diploma or GED
* 1 + year basic electronics repair/installation knowledge
* 1+ year of wiring, cabling and/or security system installation and service
* Must have a valid driver s license with no restrictions
* 6 months basic computer knowledge (word-processing, spreadsheets, and Windows) -Intermediate Windows experience a plus
* RF Experience Preferred
* An Associate Degree in Electronics or a related field OR equivalent training preferred
* Ability to obtain any licensing that is deemed necessary to conduct work in the assigned region.
* PC Networking Experience Preferred, PC Based System Integration a plus.
* Wiring, cabling and/or security system installation and service experience strongly preferred
* Some experience in field service preferred
* Some experience in customer training preferred
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law