Field Specialist, Oncology Boston, MA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/1/2020
END DATE 9/22/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONFOR US, IT\'S A MISSION
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world's 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what's right, not what's easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products, to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Here's how this role will help:
* Meet or exceed performance objectives and goals assigned by the Company.
* Develop account profiles and business plans to position FULPHILA, OGIVRI and future Oncology products appropriately in the oncology marketplace. Execute a high level of clinical and product acumen for appropriate positioning of FULPHILA and OGIVRI and future Oncology products.
* Identify appropriate key physicians, health care providers and organizations within assigned territory. Develop and maintain relationships in appropriate prospects and accounts with pertinent staff.
* Represent Mylan Oncology products in a manner consistent with Mylan ethics, policies and compliance expectations at all times. Comply with all legal/regulatory guidelines of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Prescription Drug Marketing Act, the Pharma Code, OIG guidelines, and all other applicable federal and state regulations.
* Foster teamwork and communication in a high intensity, fast paced environment, where the best interests of patients and Mylan are prioritized.
* Develop and apply a solid understanding of appropriate reimbursement, contracting and finance issues associated with Oncology/biosimilar medications.
* Participate in organizing and facilitating appropriate discussions around product, access, and reimbursement information in line with the companys policies, regulatory and legal requirements.
* Operate independently and with urgency daily.
* Understand and breakdown complex Oncology matrix accounts to ensure proper strategic focus and planning.
* Apply superior consultative skills including planning, probing, challenging, aligning, and follow-up.
* Plan, budget and execute resources provided by the Company appropriately, including exhibits, speaker programs, patient support programs, executive visits, as well as coordination of National Account Director and Key Account Director/Manager activities. Represent Company at trade shows, attend Company meetings, training programs and functions as needed.
* Analyze the designated territory to understand prescribing and purchasing decision processes and any marked differences from national trends. Recognize changes in the work environment, develop and implement alternate plans to achieve objectives, and modify call plan/business plan activities accordingly and appropriately.
* Maintain detailed understanding of payer dynamics, including medical benefit reimbursement. Provide clear knowledge of contract and rebate dynamics on Oncology market landscape with an ability to communicate in line with the Companys policies, regulatory and legal requirements.
* Respond appropriately and in accordance with Company polices to all customer requests in a timely, reliable manner with information that is consistent with the request.
* Perform all administrative tasks requested in a timely, accurate and truthful manner.
MAKE OUR VALUES YOUR VALUES
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical experience. Oncology experience strongly preferred. Existing relationships within the Oncology community strongly desired. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
* Must possess demonstrated business acumen, account management skills and ability to facilitate 1:1 interactions that are two-way dialogues that are meaningful, relevant and persuasive. Ability to work independently and as a team member to deliver results required. Self-starter, highly motivated and strong leadership skills required. Documented history of successful performance required. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal and listening skills. Ability to learn, apply and communicate the needs of the business required. Ability to travel and must live within geography of responsibility or within reasonable driving distance required (no relocation offered). Valid Drivers License and acceptable driving record required.
* Must possess solid and appropriate clinical, product, and reimbursement knowledge, along with financial acumen knowledge. Solid understanding of appropriate reimbursement, contracting and finance issues associated with Oncology/biosimilar medications preferred.
* Ability to read and interpret complex business and/or technical documents. Ability to write comprehensive reports and detailed business correspondence. Ability to work with managers or directors and communicate ambiguous concepts. Ability to present to groups across the organization.
* Ability to solve problems with a variety of concrete variables through semi-standardized solutions that require some ingenuity and analysis. Ability to draw inferences and follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex problems.
* May be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, and climb steps. May require use of hands and use of arms. Light lifting requirements. Periodic travel is required.
* Remote field based position. Ability to travel up to 75% by vehicle and airplane that will require the ability to lift and carry personal items/laptop/miscellaneous (30 pounds minimum).
* Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 35,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.