Finance Project Manager 9/13/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Finance Project Manager is in a unique position to positively impact both the finance department and operations. This position is perfect for someone who enjoys working across departments and fixing problems to make other s jobs easier. This role will oversee the outsourced Finance Service Center (FSC) responsible for finance transaction processing and will lead all finance related projects. The Project Manager will work cross-functionally with Finance, Operations and IT to monitor existing systems, support and optimize daily business processes and develop projects that lead to improvements. The position will manage and coordinate resources to support project management and provides oversight of project execution. He/she will have the ability to interact with key executives and will be responsible for presenting reports that track key processing metrics and will communicate overall project status updates.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Lead the FSC team which entails supervision and development of the local subject matter expert team;
* Work with outsource partner (30+ people offshore) on the resolution of escalated service issues or specific processing issues;
* Ensure the FSC is following all controls necessary for SOX compliance;
* Focus on FSC and finance KPIs and revamping these KPIs as needed and develop process changes the lead to KPI improvements;
* Identify opportunities for improvement in the full cycle of finance and operation processes.
* Lead FSC and other finance projects. Prepare various project artifacts such as project plans, status reports, and business requirements;
* Manage agendas and meeting recaps/minutes to ensure all project tasks and goals are being accomplished as expected;
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key personnel in each functional area;
* Help build scalable processes to manage vendor relationships, cost processing, payments, analytics and reporting;
* Develop and mentor direct and indirect reports to foster their professional development
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: One direct report and four indirect reports. Responsible for the outsourced Finance Service Center with over 30 people that process billing, accounts payable and update master data.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* A Bachelor's or Master's degree in the fields of business administration, accounting, finance, or economics is required.
* 5-10+ years recent Project Management experience within a focus on Finance related projects
* Strong business-related project management experience required.
* Project Management Professional and Six Sigma certification preferred.
* Self-starter with strong attention to detail.
* Ability to lead and manage various key programs/projects/initiatives for the business group; ensure that projects are completed on time, on budget and within scope.
* Computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint).
* Experience working in a fast paced environment.
* Comfortable creating new processes.
* Strong knowledge of financial services operations, information delivery, change leadership/management, strategic planning, and project management life cycle or system development life cycle.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
* Ability to multi-task and maintain composure.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: THE WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE AN EMPLOYEE ENCOUNTERS WHILE PERFORMING THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
* Corporate Office Environment
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.