Financial Advisor 8/22/2020
Denham Springs, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into your account.
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
Financial Advisors consult with clients and prospective clients to determine the best course of action(s) designed to help meet their financial and investment goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Completes a suitability review with client to assess the investor s financial situation, including, but not limited to, his age, income, net worth, current investments, investment experience and objectives, investment time horizon, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
* Makes full disclosures required in conjunction with selling non-deposit investment products on bank premises.
* Discusses benefits and risks as well as other product features pertaining to possible investment solutions for the client.
* Recommends product(s) and/or services based on the information provided by the client that are suitable for the investor s needs.
* Meets with existing clients periodically to update them on potential investments and to determine whether any life changes (marriage, disability, retirement, etc.) have occurred that may affect their financial and investment goals.
* Completes all client s paperwork in accordance with compliance and company guidelines including providing prospectus if applicable.
* Receives client s trade orders and instructions for money movement and processes according to regulatory requirements.
* Reviews all paperwork for accuracy and completeness before forwarding to HWIS operations for processing
* Creates and maintains a weekly appointment schedule of branch location to meet with clients
* Trains branch personnel on how to make referrals
* Assists and supports in meeting their referral and investment goals by organizing call parties, client appreciation days, etc.
* Attends branch meetings to monitor needs of branches
* Looks for cross-referral opportunities to direct deposit, loan, trust
* Attends annual compliance continuing education meeting held by Hancock Investment Services
* Successfully completes required continuing education in compliance with both insurance and securities regulations
* Renews insurance license on an annual basis prior to deadline
* Complies with State Insurance and Securities regulations
* Uses a consultative sales process, determines client needs, obtains commitment and proposes solutions
* Coordinates with bank business partners in order to have the opportunity meet with bank clients and determine how to meet their investment needs
* Participates in community affairs to increase company and bank s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities
* Compiles lists of prospective clients to provide leads for additional business
* Contacts and qualifies prospective clients and develops an action plan to assess their investment needs, acceptable risk level and to present solutions.
* Develops long-term relationships with clients
* Continually expands product knowledge and consultative selling skills through self-study and continuing education programs
* Serves as a business partner to bankers and fellow financial advisors
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
* Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
* 2+ years of related experience in Brokerage/Insurance and/or Banking/Retail
* An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
* Must currently possess Life and Health Insurance License fixed annuity and variable annuity and be in good standing
* Must currently possess FINRA Investment License(s) Series 7, 63, 65/66 and be in good standing
* Ability to learn, understand and communicate all investment products and procedures of the company
* Ability to identify selling opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell bank products and services
* Ability to interact with individuals of widely divergent lifestyles
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
* Ability to operate related equipment to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.