Financial Analyst, Senior 6/3/2020
Rocket Lab USA
Long Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Why Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Senior Financial Analyst
The senior financial analyst will be responsible for the financial reporting of the enterprise, strategic projects, revenue and margin analysis, and other ad-hoc financial reporting. This position requires the ability to critically think, analyze large data sets and effectively communicate issues and opportunities in the business. A self-starter that excels in data analytics and problem solving will thrive in this role. The senior financial analyst will report to the FP&A manager and work closely with CFO, Corporate Controller, and a wide range of team members throughout the organization.
* Support budgeting and strategic planning activities.
* Identify and assist in developing global processes that are scalable, streamlined and effective in meeting the evolving needs of a dynamic business.
* Provide timely and accurate financial information and recommendations to decision makers to make prudent business decisions.
* Collect, analyze and manage data and create meaningful reports to drive business improvement and cost reductions.
* Support development and maintenance of weekly and monthly financial reporting, planning, and KPI s.
* Evaluate current project spend and support ad-hoc reporting on spend rates.
* Support sales and marketing on customer proposals, pricing and opportunity forecasting.
* Reporting and analysis of monthly spend variances at cost center level liaising with cost center owners.
* Other duties or special projects as requested.
* Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize.
* Strong analytical abilities combined with independent problem-solving skills.
* Basic understanding of GAAP and preferably some understanding or appreciation for difference of GAAP versus International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to explain complex information to others.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Advanced Excel skills a must, including proficiency with Pivot Tables.
* Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvement and drive change.
Required Education & Experience
* Between 3 to 8 years' of experience in financial analysis in a corporate environment, with a strong preference for experience in a manufacturing environment within the aerospace and defense industry.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience, an MBA is a strong plus.
* Experience working at a multinational corporation is a plus.
* ERP experience using Infor LN, Oracle, JDE, SAP or similar ERP system.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.