Financial Reporting Analyst I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/7/2019
END DATE 12/12/2019
Pacific Life Insurance Company
Aliso Viejo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCurrently, we are seeking a talented Financial Reporting Analyst I to join the Life Insurance Division in Aliso Viejo. The Life Insurance Division works with financial and insurance professionals to give families and businesses the life insurance coverage needed to help meet important financial protection, wealth accumulation, and wealth preservation goals.
This position will help compile reports and perform analysis around key expenses, profitability and business performance. The primary responsibilities will be to prepare insightful reports to give key stakeholders visibility to expenses, monitor expenses, assist with month end close, prepare variance analysis reports, and maintain KPI dashboards.
Monitor expense budget, actuals and forecast. * Document significant budget items and track expenses.
* Review expenses for appropriate coding and account classifications.
* Monitor spend vs budget and maintain log of out of budget items.
* Monitor quarterly business forecast and enter divisional forecast in Hyperion.
* Ad hoc requests for data or variance to budget explanations.
Prepare business reporting analysis, variance analysis and and other key reports.* Prepare monthly actuals vs budget variance reports and investigate variances.
* Assist in preparation of monthly KPI dashboards for sales, operations and expenses.
* Assist in preparation of quarterly reports for key stakeholders of annual expense budget, budget targets, expense drivers and expense trends.
* Assist in preparation of quarterly reports for submission to Corporate.
Monitor and assist with month end close.* Monitor month end close process and maintain month end close checklist.
* Monitor and prepare accruals.
* Create journal entries in PeopleSoft.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
* 2+ years accounting, audit, financial reporting or finance experience.
* Must be proficient in Excel.
* Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in areas of high complexity, ambiguity and diversity with the ability to apply knowledge to work assignments.
* Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external vendors to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
* Experience with Hyperion Planning, PeopleSoft, and/or similar systems.
#LI-NL1For more than 150 years, Pacific Life has offered innovative products and services including life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life offers an environment where you're empowered to achieve your personal best. In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow. For additional company information, including current financial strength ratings, visit www.PacificLife.com.Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: * Competitive salary and bonus program * Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees * Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) * Generous vacation time and holiday pay * And much more!Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.