Financial Research Assistant 1/23/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Financial Research Assistant Informa Research Services | Financial Intelligence, Dallas, TX
Informa Research Services is currently seeking a Research Assistant to join our team in Dallas, TX. The Research Assistant will gather and research, in a timely and accurate manner, interest rate information from financial institutions, and is responsible for doing new research, checking audits, and providing support for all operations within the team. This is a full-time position with an hourly rate of $16-18/hour, dependent on experience.
* Responsible for individual achievement of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) objectives.
* Update all financial institutions assigned for the day.
* Review, maintain and update data within the Loan application
* Check audits daily and report corrections to Assistant Client Relationship Supervisor
* Be available to work on additional projects assigned
* Make appropriate changes to financial institution information (i.e., product name changes, tier changes, mergers, and adding/deleting products).
* Assures all call-sheets, faxes, e-mails, and web sites are filed away by the end of the day.
* Assist the Client Relationship Supervisor in keeping custom reports up-to-date in regards to institution changes, product introductions, product deletions, and new research.
* Research projects. Gather all pertinent information for the research project (i.e. product names, compounding, etc.)
* Provide back-up on rate and product updates for other members of the teams, as well as, other departments.
* Assist other departments when necessary on special projects.
* Extensive interaction with internal and external sources, (i.e., employees, managers, and financial institutions) to gather information.
* Professional communication internally.
* High School degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
* 6 months of experience in banking or finance preferred
* Communicates well both verbally and in writing, shares information and ideas with others, and has good listening skills.
* Knows product offerings in order to effectively make successful calls to collect data. Is able to identify if quotes received are accurate.
* Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
* Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet.
* Bank and credit union loan product knowledge is a plus
* Excel in a deadline oriented environment
* Multi-tasking various projects and assignments
* Excellent customer service skills in person and by phone
Informa s Intelligence (II) division provides specialist data, intelligence and insight to our customers, helping them make better decisions, gain competitive advantage and enhance return on investment.
IIhas a valuable portfolio of digital subscription products, providing business critical intelligence to global, regional and niche communities within six core industry sectors: Pharma & Healthcare; Finance; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Transportation, Industry and Infrastructure and Agribusiness & Commodities
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.