Financial Supervisor - Rebates
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/26/2019
END DATE 2/20/2020
Lake Forest, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION TITLE: FINANCIAL SUPERVISOR, REBATES
LOCATION: LAKE FOREST, IL
DO WORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create the life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Supervisor, Rebates within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business located at Lake Forest, IL. The individual will be responsible for: Reviewing monthly distributor rebate claims and reconciliations performed by direct reports. Ensuring all financial incentives between Abbott and all distributors are timely and accurately calculated in alignment with agreement terms and conditions, performing input and analysis on financial accruals, providing monthly and quarterly summary reports on distributor rebates and communicating with third party distributors and top management to communicate findings and resolve discrepancies.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbotts Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions. RESPONSIBILITIES
Ability to collaborate across different functions including but not limited to Accounting, Contracts & Pricing, Sales, Office of Ethics and Compliance, and third party distributors to oversee rebates and other financial incentives owed to Abbott Rapid Diagnostics distribution partners:
* Lead the Gross-to-Net reconciliation process across all distributors
* Utilizes strengths in Excel, to extract, transform and report on distributor chargeback claims and internal sources of pricing data.
* Ensures correct pricing and customer eligibility on chargeback claims, based on contract documentation and internal pricing records.
* Performs research on discrepancies in distributor claims and internal pricing records, works closely with distributors and other Abbott functions (Contracts, Commercial, Finance) to resolve discrepancies.
* Interprets and analyzes data, provides both detailed results and executive levels summaries.
* Exercise appropriate controls to minimize disputed chargeback financial exposure and rebate reserves.
* Provide financial reporting in support of distributor Business Reviews.
* Reviews contracts and interprets terms and conditions outlining financial obligations to distributor.
* Performs analysis to calculate accrual entries and financial forecasts.
* Supports project to develop automated reconciliation and reporting processes: provide requirements input, perform testing of solutions developed and defines new work procedures.
* Strong communications (verbal & written), attention to detail along with the proven ability to manage concurrent projects independently is a must for this role.
* Directly manages team members including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
* Bachelors degree in Business administration with a major in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university.
* CPA or MBA preferred
* 8 years of experience in related field with a strong understanding of Contracting and Pricing, or an equivalent combination of education, public accounting and work experience.
* 2-4 years data mining/manipulation and data validation skills, and data reporting. High Intermediate-Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks. Must function independently and possess strong organizational skills.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, ABBOTT WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com.