Finished Goods Team Leader - 2nd shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/20/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Johnsonville, our members are responsible for everything! If you're passionate about making a difference, we want you to help make our products, our processes, our communities and each other better. Wisconsin-based Johnsonville is the No. 1 national sausage brand, featuring bratwurst, Italian, snack and breakfast sausages in fresh and fully cooked varieties. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. and Alice Stayer, the company employs 1,800 members and remains privately owned today. Come join our family-owned company!
FINISHED GOODS LINE TEAM LEADER
WHY THIS IS A GREAT JOB FOR A PERSON WHO ACCEPTS NOTHING LESS THAN PERSONAL GREATNESS
Your contribution will ensure that Johnsonville products are of the highest quality and meet our defined standards of safety. You ll learn about a variety of processes, expanding your existing knowledge for application into the business of making sausage. There is unlimited opportunity for growth as you become an active contributor to the Finished Goods Team and assist your team in the quest for continual improvement.
The 2nd Shift Team Leader will provide support and direction to Members of the work team on the manufacturing line. They will serve as a change agent and will be expected to lead, motivate, and engage the team to achieve the team s goals, improve individual skills, and enhance teamwork. Their role is to ensure compliance with safety, and quality requirements. They function as a technical and business resource in areas of operations. They will work on continuous improvements in performance measures by leading actions for assigned duties. They must establish and sustain effective relationships with all Members in order to foster an environment where innovation, cooperation and ownership are used to solve problems.
WHY CHOOSE A CAREER WITH JOHNSONVILLE? * Great Company Culture You will become a Member of a Team and not just an employee We believe in the guiding principles of respect, trust, integrity, caring, ownership, appreciation, candor, humility, and innovation Opportunity for growth Great Compensation Great Base Pay Monthly Bonus program eligibility immediately after hire with NO annual cap! Outstanding insurance package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage after 60 days Tuition Reimbursement Gym Membership Incentives PTO 401K eligibility after 90 days Discounted Johnsonville products
RESPONSIBILITIES * Effectively lead the assigned Production Line team in the areas of safety, quality, and cost
* Be a safety champion and address issues with safety immediately
* Evaluate and coordinate training needs and efforts of production team members required for the current production processes, including quality and safety training
* Evaluate daily staffing needs of the line against the production schedule to maintain budgeted resources and to maximize line output
* Coach and monitor the performance and development of team members, providing feedback and documenting results through performance appraisals
* Lead the disciplinary process when necessary
* Lead daily team meetings
* Complete daily performance reports and shift paperwork
* Effectively communicate information to members and coaches
* Lead process improvement initiatives on the line
* Be a role model to all members
EDUCATION * High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associates Degree required for outside candidates
EXPERIENCE * Two years of experience in a leadership or supervisory role preferred
OTHER REQUIREMENTS * Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required
* Comply with GMP and safety rules at all times
* Good communication/listening skills required
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Decision making
* Ability to spend time on other shifts for training when required
* Ability to perform responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner
* Ability to problem solve effectively and efficiently
* Ability to lead by example and also involve others in the decision making process
* Ability to innovate
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible by adjusting priorities
* Willingness to accept change and lead continuous improvement initiatives
* Physical demands for this position require walking or standing most of the time
* External Candidates Only: Ability to pass a pre-employment, post offer drug screen, physical and background check