Fire Protection Engineering Internship (Fall 2020)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/5/2020
END DATE 8/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONDisclaimer: This position is expected to start around September 2020 and continue through the entire Fall semester (i.e. December 2020) or into early 2021 if available. Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Tesla is accelerating the world s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We re tackling the world s most difficult and important problems and we wouldn t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Internship Program at Tesla
The University Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla s mission.
* Sparks, NV
About the Team
Facilities Operations team commission, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical, mechanical, controls and fire protection equipment, and chemical processes within the Tesla Gigafactory Nevada facility.
Fire Protection Engineering Intern will be engaged mainly with fire protection discipline functions. Under the mentorship of Fire Protection team members in Design, Operations, Construction and Security, intern will undertake projects directed at specific topics such as fire alarm, automatic sprinkler system, special hazard protection systems, code interpretation, and compliance. He/she will work closely with multiple teams such as EPC Design, Construction, EHS, Production and Security, as well as external customers, contractors and consultants, in executing projects, commissioning systems, performing periodic inspection, testing and maintenance activities, conducting safety walkthroughs and audits, preparing standard operating/maintenance procedure, and providing input for improvement.
What to Expect
* Commissioning Fire Protection System: Responsible for preparing pre-test and final acceptance testing procedures, scheduling Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) inspection, coordinating with contractor/sub-contractors in execution, retain documents, etc
* Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Fire Protection System: Assist in periodic inspection, testing and maintenance activities related to Fire Protection Systems
* Code Interpretation and Compliance: Responsible for preparing fire protection/safety walkthroughs, developing code compliance and/or code interpretation reports, assisting with performance based design or alternative means and methods documents preparation, performing fire consequence modeling etc.
* Emergency Service Support: Responsible for providing emergency service supports as assigned
* Standard Operating/Maintenance Procedure: Responsible for preparing standard operating or maintenance procedures for fire protection systems
* Currently enrolled Undergraduate or Graduate student with major in Fire Protection Engineering, Process Safety Engineering, or Chemical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering with focus/interest in Fire Protection or Process Safety Engineering
* Familiarity with the International Building Code, International Fire Code, NFPA 10, NFPA 13, NFPA 25 and NFPA 72
* Familiarity with fire protection system inspection, testing and maintenance activities
* Works well under pressure and can manage multiple priorities simultaneously with strict deadlines
* Demonstrate strong ability to embrace and adapt to change, take initiative and showcase curiosity, learn quickly in a fast paced environment
* Experience in project management or program development is a plus
* Self-starters with Can-Do approach
* Candidate needs to be comfortable with onsite presence supporting an essential business
* Good communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.