Firmware Engineer III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/31/2019
END DATE 7/31/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe engineering marvel that allows for modern Fly-By-Wire systems used in intense helicopter programs are developed with the help of ENSCO employees.
A significant portion of the modernization effort is the use of complex VHDL-based firmware components to create faster, smaller, lighter controls with increased reliability. The use of firmware components can be seen in aircraft, helicopter, and automotive applications. ENSCO design engineers apply cutting edge technologies to create the controls that are at the heart of these vehicles. And, we are looking for people like you to help us do it.
Do you have experience with firmware development and want to be a part of this exciting team? ENSCO is looking for engineers experienced in developing VHDL code for complex programmable devices. The task is full life cycle, including requirements generation, VHDL source code design/generation, firmware design analysis, simulation, and final hardware testing. The design/code is verified with the creation of test bench scripts running on ModelSim environment, though experience with any similar environment is acceptable. The design, test cases, and final document are controlled with configuration management tools such as Synergy and conformed with traceability toolset DOORS.
If you have the skills, experience, and desire to join our talented team and contribute to the needs of today s modern aircraft, we want to talk to you about this opportunity.
* Experience with Firmware high level design such as Plan for Hardware Aspects of Certification (PHAC)
* Configuration Management (CM) process experience with tools such as IBM Rational Synergy, Razor by Visible Systems, and Apache Subversion (often abbreviated SVN)
* Requirements Traceability process experience with IBM Rational DOORS
Qualifications Required (Skills)
* U.S. Citizenship required
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering, or equivalent degree/experience
* Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in the following:
* Experience generating or working with VHDL code requirements
* Experience with VHDL code generation
* Experience with Firmware analysis and testing
* Experience with VHDL simulation and testing using ModelSim or similar toolset
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
Additional BenefitsFlexible Spending Account Program
Credit Union Membership
Employee Assistance Program