Float Psych Tech - Spring Harbor Hospital 7/31/2020
Maine Behavioral Healthcare
South Portland, ME
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
Are you looking for a job where YOU can make a DIFFERENCE in people's lives? Where YOUR voice and ideas MATTER? Are you interested in a career in healthcare or gaining invaluable experience while going to school? If so, please consider joining the MAINEHEALTH team at SPRING HARBOR HOSPITAL!
$2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!*
*Current MaineHealth employees not eligible for the sign on bonus. Must be separated from MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.
HOUSE FLOAT PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIANS are integral and highly valued members of our multidisciplinary team who work with medical staff, nurses, social workers, occupational therapists and other team members providing exceptional care to adults, adolescent and children with behavioral health conditions. As a float, you will be assigned to different units within Spring Harbor Hospital as necessary to support staffing needs. Spring Harbor Hospital offers an extensive orientation to the role of Psychiatric Tech including classroom instruction, online courses and unit-based observation.
As a HOUSE FLOAT PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN, you will:
* Contribute to the achievement of quality care and positive patient outcomes.
* Maintain a safe and therapeutic milieu.
* Provide emotional support.
* Encourage patient participation in programming.
* Facilitate activities and provide supervision.
* Reinforce desired behaviors.
* Offer redirection and early intervention to maintain a safe environment for all.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS):
1. Education: High School diploma and equivalent experience preferred. Bachelor's degree in Psychology or Social Services preferred.
2. License/Certifications: N/A
3. Experience: N/A
4. Demonstrates a proficiency in all aspects at the entry level position.
5. Must be able to annually demonstrate competency in seclusion and restraint training.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.