Food Service Aide 7/22/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
POSITION SUMMARY: Food preparation for clients and staff at Centerstone residential facility. Maintain dining area by serving clients and staff. Cleaning kitchen, dining room, storeroom, and walk-in cooler.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION: Prefer one year experience in restaurant or hospital setting. Ability to read and write English, and follow recipes. Ability to lift at least 25lbs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Ability to read and write English, and follow recipes. Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES:
Food preparation is completed on time and portion sizes are the same. Preparing trays for units. Maintain dining area by serving clients and staff. Fill and deliver supply to units as needed. Pots and pans are cleaned daily and soiled dishes are run through dish machine. Cleaning kitchen, dining room, storeroom and walk-in cooler. Floors are cleaned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Food Service Aides spend most of their work shifts on their feet and walking around performing various tasks. During day-to-day activities, a Food Service Aide might have to lift up to 25 pounds in food supplies and other goods. Working in a kitchen setting means extreme temperature changes, from excessive heat in the cooking area to freezing temperatures in walk-in freezers.
POSITION TYPE, EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL: If this is a full-time position, the expected work hours are 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday - 8:30-5:00. For ASC or PRN you will work according to schedule including weekends and holidays. Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. May be required to work in 24 hour rotating shifts during natural and manmade disasters or other facility emergencies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
TIME TYPE:Full time
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
* HEALTH & WELLNESS
* Medical Coverage
* Dental Coverage
* Vision Coverage
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Savings Account
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability - Company Paid
* Wellness Programs - Company Paid
* FINANCIAL WELLBEING
* Competitive Compensation Packages
* Life Insurance - Company Paid
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
* 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
* Retirement and Financial Planning Services
* Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
* Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
* CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
* At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
* Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
* Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
* Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
* WORK LIFE BALANCE
* Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
* Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
* Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.