Food Service Manager 9/13/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
1. Maximize sales through broadline and specialty food distributors to commercial and non-commercial operators, including, but not limited to; restaurants, college & university, K-12, hospitality, healthcare, B&I, and cruise industry.
2. Manage and monitor efforts to identify and develop new customers within each region/territory.
3. Target new foodservice distribution areas.
4. Manage, negotiate, and monitor trade marketing resources to generate and achieve sales and profit objectives.
5. Develop a sales plan, train, educate, and lead all activities of the assigned foodservice broker as required.
6. Identify and pursue appropriate chain account activity within the assigned region.
7. Manage region to ensure account business is developed and budgeted sales and profit objectives are achieved.
8. Develop and execute business strategy aligned with Barilla s initiatives to achieve growth through distribution within the region.
9. Build business through the support of a company-branded product. Forecast region case volumes.
10. Prepare and conduct quarterly business reviews with key accounts.
11. Develop strong working relationships/collaborate effectively with key cross-functional partners in order to meet the volume and profit goals for the business unit.
12. Maintain deduction balance in line with expectations.
High school degree or GED equivalent required; Bachelor s degree preferred (concentration in Management, Marketing, Business, Economics preferred)
5-7 years of successful foodservice sales experience
Cruise industry sales experience preferred
Extensive internal/external foodservice industry knowledge; Retail knowledge a plus
Strengths in strategic planning, project management, analysis, presentation, and communications skills
Proficient in MS Office and SAP
2 years of people management and/or experience managing a broker sales team preferred
Proven ability to build high-performance teams
Multi-market sales experience preferred
Ability to travel up to 65% domestically, as well as, some international travel
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Other classifications include, but are not limited to, family status, health status, multicultural differences, political ideas, and sexual orientation.