Foodservice Customer Account Specialist - Charlotte, NC 1/10/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
As a Customer Account Specialist (CAS) you will drive incremental volume growth and sustain existing volume by owning relationships with operators and selling company product lines across our K12, Colleges & Universities, Healthcare, Commercial, and other Non-Commercial channels.
You will work closely with the local Account Executive (Distributor Managers) and communicate regularly with CAS peers while providing expertise to your customers regarding our products, competitors, and other industry knowledge. You will also leverage sales tools and analyze internal reporting to strategically plan daily activities to identify new business opportunities. You will support critical distributor and industry events (ie. Food Shows, Distributor Sales Meetings, etc.).
Sustain and drive incremental volume
* Identify and sell General Mills foodservice products to key operators across territory to grow volume of Region
* Collaborate with the Region's Account Executives to create pull through demand for core gaps and innovation
* Work closely with distributors to train on our products that fit in commercial to obtain leads
Leverage Analytics and tools (i.e. Salesforce, Firefly) to identify and close on new opportunities
* Develop strategic geographic call patterns to maximize call coverage (12 - 15 consultative calls per week to sell in 25+ additional slots to operators per month)
* Develop and leverage local operator opportunities (product and promotion)
* Place & activate new items
* Support critical distributor and industry events
* High School Diploma
* Strong interpersonal & communication skills
* Win as a team (team player)
* Self-motivated with ability to maintain work load from remote office
* At least 2+ years of industry experience
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.