Forklift Operator 6/6/2020
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This person will transport raw materials to where they are stored or needed for use and to transport finished goods to trailers for shipping. They will operate forklift equipment and input items into the SAP system. They need to live the Mission/Vision/Core Values of Dairy Farmers of America. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses power industrial trucks (sit-down electric forklifts) to transport raw materials to where they are stored or needed for use and to transport finished goods to trailers for shipping.
- Maintain accurate production records that are written and computer based.
- May be required to perform minor maintenance repairs and/or sanitation tasks as needed.
- Engage in problem solving to assist in improving safety, quality, yields and productivity.
- Maintain a high level of safety and quality awareness and a high degree of urgency.
- Be a working part of the team.
- Foster teamwork consistent with our company and plant Mission, Vision, and Core Values
- Must adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Follows all DFA GMP's and works in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the needs of the business.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required DFA is a leading manufacturer of cheese and butter, as well as dairy ingredients, and contract manufacturer for consumer products. We have an expansive manufacturing footprint and own 33 plants throughout the country. In addition to our own plants, our members' milk gets delivered to various customers and joint venture partners. Our Mechanicsburg, PA location is a part of our Beverage and Dairy Foods business which develops and tests new food products for customers throughout the country. Our plants utilize state-of-the-art retort technology to make shelf-stable consumer products, including sport drinks, coffee-based flavored drinks, cheese powders and flavors, infant formula, sour cream and cheese dips for well-known brands.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Minimum of one (1) year prior forklift experience.
- Ability to learn and apply to plant environment.
- Be an effective communicator.
- Basic PC Skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be available for 2nd or 3rd shift