Foster Care Worker
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
TFI Family Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Promotes the well-being of children in the Foster Care Services Program, participates in staff meetings and trainings and coordinates with staff from other agencies involved in providing foster care services. Manages a caseload of Foster Care Services placements. Performs the following duties directly.
IN THIS OPPORTUNITY YOU WILL GET TO: * Manages a caseload of Foster Care Services placements.
* Assess the need for placement, safety, family strengths and needs, and placement resources for the child and care provider/kinship caregivers.
* Plans for and facilitates permanency and assists care providers and kinship caregivers in providing a safe, nurturing environment for children in their care.
* Maintains a close working relationship with public and private agencies involved in providing foster care services/support.
* Provides information to the responsible agency on all matters related to the child, as required.
* Assists in the recruitment, training and licensing of care providers. Familiar with and/or have the ability to train in state-approved foster parent pre-service training.
* Provides family support and in home visitation services.
* Attends case planning conferences at required intervals.
* Conducts care provider home visits.
* Provides 24 hour, on-call support to care providers. Provides crisis intervention, when required.
* Coordinates community resources for the benefit of children served by the Foster Care Services Program.
* Accomplishes placement of children in properly trained and licensed homes.
* Completes documentation and forwards reports containing descriptive, analytical and evaluative content.
* Coordinates with the Agency s licensing and human resources staff to ensure regulatory compliance by care providers. Reviews and monitors current licensing standards with care providers.
* Coordinates staff from external public and private agencies, on the delivery of services to children and families.
* Refrains from assuming any duty that is unrelated to and/or interferes with the responsibilities of the position.
* Advocates, promotes and practices cultural sensitivity and responsiveness in all day-to-day interactions.
* Develops, promotes and practices teamwork in all activities.
* Other duties may be assigned.
YOU LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor s degree in a human service field REQUIRED.
Minimum two or more years of experience in the human service field or a Master s degree in a human services field.
Licensed Master or bachelor s degree in social work preferred.
Valid Driver s License REQUIRED.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers; climb or balance; and stoop or kneel. The employee is required to be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and be able to obtain a license, therefore.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TFI Family Services, Inc. is a leading child welfare agency providing experience, compassion, quality services and care. Our strength as an organization lies in the fact that we do what is best for children and families. TFI continues to create new resources and develop innovative solutions as we work to meet the needs of families and children.
We provide various types of services to the community including foster and kinship care, domestic and international adoption, counseling support and education, TIPS-MAPP training and visitation and exchange centers.
TFI Family Services is the parent company providing services in Kansas and Nebraska. We expanded our service area through our affiliates: TFI Family Connections in Oklahoma and Texas Family Initiative in Texas. Pathway Family Services is an affiliate in Kansas offering additional services to youth and families.
TFI Family Services, Inc and affiliates are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
We are committed to diversity in its leadership and staff and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQI individuals, and people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
All inquiries and applications will be kept confidential. Applications will be reviewed and eligible candidates will be contacted about interviews. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis; we expect to receive resumes from many qualified applicants and therefore highly recommend submission as soon as possible.
Based on the hiring criteria involved with this position, background checks will be conducted if selected for employment. This includes, but not limited to: Fingerprinting, MVR, KBI, CANIS and drug screening.