This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2019
END DATE 9/29/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONLet companies apply to you, not the other way around. Sign up with Hired to get access to thousands of companies currently hiring front-end developers.
Want to work for a company you love?
Are you a Front-End Engineer? As a Front-End Engineer, you'll be responsible for implementing the interactive and visual elements of web and mobile applications. You'll collaborate with the team of UX designers and back-end engineers in delivering intuitive layouts. You'll also be responsible for translating the needs of our company and clients into appealing applications. If you enjoy writing code and creating user-friendly layouts, this job is a good fit for you. We value a diversity of perspectives and encourage healthy discussion and debate, but unite behind our decisions. Responsibilities
- Creating clean code
- Ensuring cross-browser compatibility
- Building a library for future use
- Optimizing applications for scalability and speed
- Acting as a mentor to junior developers, through code reviews and design document critiques
- Creating prototypes and quality mockups What Skills
- 2+ years experience in front-end development
- Exemplary communication skills; able to map problem-solution space and explain possible solutions to non-technical team members
- Good skill with Adobe suite, including Illustrator and Photoshop
- Familiarity with content management systems, including WordPress, Drupal and Joomla
- Understand of layout aesthetics
- Solid understanding of SEO principles
- Passion for learning new technologies fast
- B.S. degree in Computer science, Software Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience These Would Also Be Nice
- Experience with backend development
- Experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics or Mixpanel
- Experience with various database systems, both in production and warehousing capacities, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Redshift
- Experience with server-side languages such as Ruby on Rails