Full Stack Software Developer 5/6/2020
Life Cycle Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LIFE CYCLE ENGINEERING
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee-owned company with an emphasis on "doing the right thing the right way , which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We are proud to have been recognized as a "Best Place to Work for 14 years running! Learn more below and at www.lce.com.
Full Stack Software Developer
As Software Developer, you will join our Agile Scrum development team working on a Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) project in Marlton, NJ. The ideal candidate has experience with front and back end development. This position will be telework until it is safe to return to the Marlton, NJ office.
* Must be a US citizen with an active DoD Secret security clearance
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Full stack software development in an Agile environment using Java (Spring boot framework), TypeScript, and React
* Work with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements
* Prepare detailed specifications from which software code will be written
* Generate new code and correct, convert, and/or modify existing code to meet specifications
* Create and update technical documentation such as users' manuals, product specifications, and training manuals
* Perform a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyze test results and correct problems
* Support configuration management processes
* Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 3-5 years' experience with Java development
* Experience with Spring Boot framework
* Experience with Typescript and React
* Understanding of test-driven development
* Experience with pair programming
* Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, etc.), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
* Experience writing technical documentation
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills
* Experience working with development teams and product managers to develop software solutions
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong organizational skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Experience Agile development best practices
* Experience with DoD software development projects
Physical Demands and Expectations:
* Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting (up to 30 pounds), and standing; occasional prolonged sitting
* Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance
* Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources. COVID-19 Update
For information on how LCE is keeping employees safe and continuing to provide uninterrupted support to our clients during the COVID-19 pandemic, read our update here.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization, our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE\'s success depends on the talent, innovation, professionalism, and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
* Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision Plans for employees and their families
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Savings Account options
* Company matched 401(k) & company-funded Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave
* Dynamic employee innovation/entrepreneurship program which includes education, empowerment, and monetary rewards
* Continuing Education and Professional Development programs at all levels
* Flexible Schedules and Relaxed Dress Code
* Employer-sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more
*Benefits may vary by business unit and location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, Because of or on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation, and any other status protected by applicable state law. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.