Full-stack Software Developer 5/2/2020
Electronic Consulting Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ECS is seeking a Software Developer to work in our Washington DC office.
* Software development and prototyping synthesizing visual, motion, input and interaction design across a diverse and rapidly evolving technology ecosystem
* Help develop and refine UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines
* Utilization of responsive design and emerging coding and design practices
* Synthesizing requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
* Designing/developing web, software, mobile apps, prototypes, proofs of concepts (POC s), and production ready pilots.
* Will integrate with consumable security services, driving adoption of 24X7 proactive security monitoring on all TIO environments and systems, while integrating compliance operations
* Dealing well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
* Work cross-functionally with various FBI teams: product management, QA/QE, various technical and operational divisions to drive forward results
* Contribute to the design and architecture of the projects within the TIO s portfolio
* Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
* TS/SCI-CI Poly Clearance
* BS in computer science or equivalent work experience
* 3+ years experience developing web, software, or mobile applications
* 1-2+ years experience developing prototypes at the right level of fidelity for each phase of development, from startup through launch and beyond.
* Certified - AWS Solutions Architect or 1-year experience in role
* Experience with AWS, CI/CD, and containerization (Cloud formation, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon Redshift, automation tools, Linux, Docker, chef or puppet, etc.)
* Strong experience in any of the following Object- Oriented Languages (OOD):
* 1+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP
* Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and nontechnical audiences
* Experience with unit testing & Test- Driven Development (TDD) 5+ years of work experience on web or device applications
* Excel in the implementation, production, and shipment of highly polished user interfaces
* Experience with any CSS tools (SASS, Post CSS, LESS, etc.)
* Familiar with server-side technologies such as Node.js or .NET
* Experience building responsive and mobile-first applications
* Familiar with unit testing libraries like Jasmine, Mocha, etc.
* Familiar with version control systems (Git, TFS, etc.)
* Experience with social, mobile, cloud/SaaS, big data, or analytics
* Experience with SPA (Single Page Application) development
* Knowledge of localization techniques for the web
* Strong understanding of software best-practices including familiarity with SOLID and DRY coding principles
* Experience with Open Source software, and an appreciation for contributions is a plus
* Experience with UI automation testing and integration tests is a big plus
* Experience with cross-platform mobile development such as React Native, React, Xamarin, Ionic, PhoneGap, etc. is a plus.
* Online portfolio (public GitHub or similar is a plus)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.