Functional Safety Quality Engineer 5/5/2020
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Synopsys, we re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we re powering it all with the world s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Silicon IP business is all about integrating more capabilities into an SoC faster. We offer the world s broadest portfolio of silicon IP predesigned blocks of logic, memory, interfaces, analog, security, and embedded processors. All to help customers integrate more capabilities. Meet unique performance, power, and size requirements of their target applications. And get differentiated products to market quickly with reduced risk.
Functional Safety Engineer
We re looking for a Functional Safety Quality Engineer to join the team.
Does this sound like a good role for you?
Synopsys automotive group enables customers with SmartPhonezation of modern cars. Members of the group deliver development and methodology expertise to enable leading edge customers to complete their most challenging automotive chip design projects. Our Staff Functional Safety Consultant plays a critical role in many aspects of this process, including project planning, design architecture, design implementation, design verification and functional safety at every step of the product development cycle.
* Hands-on deep experience in functional safety, deep and broad experience in automotive design development process, familiarity with the V-cycle used in automotive development
* Demonstration ofintimate knowledge of the tools, flows and methodologies required to execute a reliable and functionally safe physical design project
* Demonstration of successful completion of functional safety related projects from the automotive industry
* Demonstration of solid customer interfacing skills. Able to travel occasionally for short periods of time, and occasionally work on-site at customer premises as required
* BSEE or MSEE or higher required, 10 or more years industry experience including 4 or more years in functional safety expert role of which 2 will have been in a senior position
* Detailed knowledge on the creation and implementation of reliable and functionally safe systems meeting industry standards such as ISO 26262, AEC-Q100 and other automotive or industrial requirements
* Direct project management experience of large projects, including demonstrated abilities to lead a project team preferred
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.