(GDA) High School Counselor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/11/2019
END DATE 6/29/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
(GDA) High School Counselor
[GDA] HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELORINSPIRE THE FUTURE
K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
The mission of Gary Digital Academy is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
Utilizing leadership, advocacy and collaboration the High School Counselor promotes student success by providing preventive services and responding to identified needs through implementation of a comprehensive school counseling program that helps guide all learners in their academic success, personal and social development, and career and college planning and readiness.
AS A High School Counselor, YOU WILL ENJOY...
* Delivers individual and group guidance curriculum supporting student development;
* Assist students in course placement and course scheduling;
* Prepares and reviews transcripts and other academic documentation for new and returning students;
* Works collaboratively with teaching staff to develop a foru (4) year plan for inclusion in the Individual Learning Plan (ILP);
* Analyzes student data and develops data-driven programs for intervention action plans;
* Provides responsive services to individuals or groups on academic and personal issues;
* Provides an individual planning system to guide students toward post-secondary goals;
* Assists students in the acquisition of study skills, academic opportunities and benefits;
* Provides a support system that strengthens the efforts of teachers, staff, and parents;
* Supports standardized testing program; parent education; and staff development;
* Works with the teaching team to design and implement an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) for each student in school;
* Focuses students and families on college and career readiness;
* Provides academic counseling, including recommendations on Advanced Placement (AP) and technical courses, to challenge and enrich student learning opportunities;
* Audits student schedules for candidacy for graduation as determined by school and state policies.
Get To Know (GDA) !
* Gary Digital Academy
* Behind the scenes
* A Day in the life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12's learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child's learning.
* Bachelor's degree AND
* Three (3) years of experience in counseling and/or advisement OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
Other Required Qualifications
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Web-based search engines, and database systems
* Flexible schedule; Ability to travel as needed
* Ability to pass required background check
* Master s degree in school counseling
* Experience with distance learning
* Advanced coursework in counseling and administration
* Experience as a 7-12 teacher
* Experience in a customer service environment.
* Experience with Local, State, and Federals laws and mandated reporting
* Experience in a charter school environment preferred
* Experience with state career planning systems, Pathfinder, or other career planning platforms/tools
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This is a home-based position.
THE ABOVE JOB IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN ALL-INCLUSIVE LIST OF DUTIES AND STANDARDS OF THE POSITION. INCUMBENTS WILL FOLLOW ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS, AND PERFORM ANY OTHER RELATED DUTIES, AS ASSIGNED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR. ALL EMPLOYMENT IS AT-WILL AS GOVERNED BY THE LAW OF THE STATE WHERE THE EMPLOYEE WORKS. IT IS FURTHER UNDERSTOOD THAT THE AT-WILL NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT IS ONE ASPECT OF EMPLOYMENT THAT CANNOT BE CHANGED EXCEPT IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY AN AUTHORIZED OFFICER.
WHO ARE WE*
* About us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Send This Job to a Friend