General Help - Ottenberg's Bakers, Inc (Sykesville, MD) 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION TITLE: GENERAL BAKERY HELP
DEPARTMENT: BAKE SHOP/PRODUCTION
REPORTS TO: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR/LEAD PERSON
Perform all duties given by the Production Supervisor or Lead Person.
Primary Job Duties:
* Arrives to work ready and on time. Relieves previous shift employee and communicates all necessary information for the specific position.
* Reviews list of the current production run.
* Communicates information with other employees on the same line/area.
* Completes required work including, but not limited to: Quality Check sheets, dough schedule recording, taking temperatures of product, house keeping and working in a safe manner.
* Communicates any issues to the proper Supervisor or Manager.
1) Maintains safe working environment for all employees/contractors.
2) Promotes safety in all areas of operations.
1) Maintains cleanliness of the work area.
2) Follows proper G. M. P.'s at all times.
* Other related duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor or Lead Person.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
Experience: None required.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, or a combination of experience & technical training. Basic literacy skills, able to read and comprehend verbal or written instructions, signage, warnings, etc.
* Have a general knowledge of how machinery works.
* Have good hand / eye coordination.
* Able to count and perform basic math.
* Able to read and write.
* Able to keep up with machine speed through repetitive motion.
* Able to perform all duties so as not to produce damage.
* Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
* Able to stand for 10-12 hours per day.
* Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant.
* Able to view product and determine adherence to quality control standards including size, shape, color, cut, etc.
* Able to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
* Able to read and comprehend production schedule.
* Performance of other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Northeast Foods is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.