This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2020
END DATE 10/22/2020
Dover Engineered Systems Corporate Office
Red Wing, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview:
DESTACO, a Dover Company, is a global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance automation, workholding, and remote handling solutions. The company serves customers in variety of end-markets, including the automotive, life sciences, consumer goods, packaging, aerospace, and nuclear sectors.
Built on a legacy of over 100 years, DESTACO offers a comprehensive portfolio of products to engineer precise movement, placement and control solutions that drive productivity and uptime for manufacturers around the world. The DESTACO family of products consists of industry-leading brands such as DESTACO Manual and Power Clamps, Camco and Ferguson Indexers, Robohand Grippers and CRL Manipulators and Transfer Ports.
DESTACO is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, and operates globally through ~800 employees across 14 locations.
Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues of $7 billion. The company delivers innovative equipment and components, specialty systems, and support services through five major operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under \\"DOV.\\"
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for growing and managing the Remote Handling business within Destaco. Remote Handling is a key P&L for Destaco serving the Life Sciences (pharmaceutical, radio-pharmaceutical and bio-containment) and Nuclear market segments. Our products are recognized in the marketplace under the Central Research Laboratories (CRL) brand.
The GM develops and implements the strategy for the business in partnership with their manager and aligned with Destaco's global business strategy. He/she will manage the business directly and in alignment with our common processes and systems for sales, operations, applications engineering, technical support, customer service and new product development. The general manager will demonstrate, lead and build the skills and competencies in the team to meet results and grow the business. Key objectives include achieving global sales growth targets, attaining key operations improvement around Lean metrics (safety, quality, productivity and cost), and successfully launching new products which meet and exceed customer and business expectations.
The General Manager reports directly to the President of Destaco and is a key member of the Destaco's leadership team. Reporting directly to the general manager are: operations manager, manager, product applications & customer service manager, global product manager, sales & business development manager. A controller is part of the team reporting in through finance and human resources support is provided through shared Destaco resources. The position is located in Red Wing, Minnesota (near Minneapolis). The position requires the ability to communicate globally and across the region with all levels of the organization, with customers and suppliers, and work in teams worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities included but not limited to:
* Defines and leads the future growth strategy for the Remote Handling business globally, strengthening Destaco's presence in the strategic markets with supporting objectives, plans, and action items to achieve strategic goals.
* Responsible for financial performance of the business including meeting profit, balance sheet and cash flow objectives. Develops, manages and monitors budgets and forecasts including annual operating plan, reporting and analytics. Ensures revenue targets are measured, monitored, and communicated in a timely and continuous manner.
* Leads effectively, manages and develops the Remote Handling business team in sales, business development, operations (including production, sourcing and inventory management), customer service, technical support and product management and development. .
* Identifies and evaluates customer and market requirements, industry trends and economic developments for current and future product needs.
* Leverages Destaco and Dover common policies, processes, tools and systems for alignment, efficiency and compliance.
Leadership Competencies aligned with Dover and executed in DESTACO with appropriate expectations for the job level:
* Strategic Mindset: Has understanding of global industry or market; creates breakthrough strategies that alter the competitive dynamics in a market, and establishes a series of competitive advantages yielding profitability that exceeds expectations for the organization.
* Strong Business Acumen and Sound Judgment: Uses instinct as well as data to accurately assess business situations and industry trends; makes timely decisions and implements appropriate plans while living the Dover Values.
* Builds and Manages Collaborative Relationships: Establishes and nurtures relationships. Takes action to partner with the communities in which we operate and to be an appropriate corporate citizen.
* Significant leadership experience in a company which manufactures industrial products, preferably including experience in product management and operations.
* Successful Prior experience as a general manager is not required but it is preferred. In place of general management experience, progressive leadership experience in a combination of two or more areas of operations, sales, business development, and product development is required.
* Successful track record of achieving growth and profitability targets
* Successful experience leading a team to develop and implement a business strategy
* Experience working in and/or leading across countries and cultures
* Successful experience leading, managing and developing a team
* Experience with remote handling products and/or the life sciences market segment and related products is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Maintains a global strategic mindset and encourages others to do the same
* Strategic, visionary leader with long term focus and tenacity to achieve results
* Analytical thinker with a drive to create innovative solutions for sustainability
* Strong business acumen
* Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers and partners
* Ability to assess and understand market needs and industry trends that impact business results
* Ability and experience with working cross-culturally and internationally
* Excellent communicator including facilitation, verbal, and written skills
Education and Certification Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree required in business, technical or related
* MBA preferred
* Ability to travel approximately 25-30% of the time including internationally
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law..