GIS Analyst (GEOMN)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/18/2019
END DATE 2/14/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20190117-13397-MIP
Company Name: Geomni
Geomni is a division of a larger parent company, Verisk Analytics. We create software and other technologies related to ariel imagery, and provide the world's most comperehensive and cutting-edge imagerey data acquisition, process, analytics, and distribution. We serve a wide range of markets, including insurance, commercial property, energy, banking, architecture, engineering, emergency response, urban planning, and much more.
What You\'ll Do
The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst will use GIS systems and supporting software to homogenize imagery and map data by analyzing geospatial data. Responsibilities will also include validating and processing different types of external content from UAVs, aerial remote sensing, and mobile platforms. This position will provide occasional support for technical questions related to map data both to internal and external customers and partners. Calculating monthly commissions and creating commission statements. Additional responsibilities include:
* Uses geospatial data to verify, clean and process imagery
* Provide input to GIS workflow documentation and management.
* Ensure that data obtained from remote sensing systems meets quality assurance guidelines
* Analyze, query geospatial data for business intelligence purposes
* Assist in the evaluation, processing of partner data of different types
* Participate in work groups to further enhance data production tools and workflows
What You Need to be Successful (Minimum Qualifications)
* Bachelor s and/or Master's degree preferred in GIS, Geography, Geomatics or related field with minimum 3.0 GPA, or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in GIS performing data management, analysis, and cartographic representation at a specialist level
* Proficient in at least one GIS/CAD tool, including but not limited to Pix4D, ESRI ArcGIS, MapInfo, Global Mapper, or other GIS related tool suites.
* Working knowledge of Microstation, AutoCAD, Python, and Microsoft SQL are a plus
* Self-motivated, with strong time management and organizational skills
What You ll Love About Geomni
* Welcoming Culture We are recognized by Forbes as one of the world s best employers and we are Great Place To Work certified.
* Great Work Atmosphere Our Lehi, UT location has a full gym, a ping pong room, free fitness/yoga classes, and a snack closet
* Diversity Recognition We have established diversity networks to better connect to everyone within our workforce
* Work/Life Balance We have a generous PTO plan + 9 paid holidays
* Health Benefits We ve got you covered with our medical, dental, and vision plans that start day 1
* Retirement Fully vested day 1! We match 100% up to 6% of your contributions
* Tuition Reimbursement Your continued education is important to us
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.