GIS Business Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/8/2019
END DATE 2/8/2020
Join our Asset Management Practice and be a part of a cross-functional team dedicated to providing holistic infrastructure asset management solutions. This exciting program brings together engineers, planners, strategists, and technologists to develop and implement scalable solutions in collaboration with utilities, agencies, and owners. Our experienced Institute of Asset Management-certified staff offers professional services founded on the core principles of ISO 55000. We partner with client organizations through the integration of people, process and technology to develop practices aligned with client-specific needs and goals.
Join us as we Rise to the Challenge
At KCI, we re building an enduring company that provides unparalleled value to our employee-owners. We make our mark designing and delivering our world-class solutions, so we invest deeply in developing our team. We reward integrity and commitment, and when we do well, you do well. Our people have freedom to innovate, unlimited growth, a voice that matters, a lifestyle that works, and skin in the game. Because life s more fun when you own it.
KCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic planning.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OTHER
KCI is seeking a qualified GIS Business Analyst to support a variety of projects in our Asset Management Practice. Business Analysts at KCI seek to understand clients needs, and design and implement analyses, processes, and technology improvements to solve challenges, optimize operations, and plan for the future. The ideal candidate will: possess excellent organization, problem solving, communication skills; possess the ability to create and customize training documentation, requirements documents, and process maps; be an effective communicator/liaison with technical team, end users, clients and stakeholders; be self-sufficient; and have expertise in schema design, data leveraging, and GIS and BI solutions.
* Actively support project lifecycle activities, including gathering requirements, database and user interface design, testing, issue tracking, developing and delivering training, implementation planning/execution and change management.
* Conduct needs assessment and business process analysis to understand current business processes and recommend business process improvements incorporating industry best practices.
* Partner with project and program managers to track the project and update the schedule status regularly in accordance with deliverable schedule and produce reports for stakeholders, senior management, and project and program managers.
* Experience implementing GIS/IT solutions for clients, including configuration of COTS products.
* Excellent organization, communication and writing skills. Ability to create and customize training documentation, facilitate requirements gathering workshops, lead activities related to business process mapping, evaluation and improvement requirements documents, planning documents, test plans, process maps.
* Experience with relational databases and access via SQL.
* Ability to understand and document integrations between enterprise system
* Experience with Esri technology, including ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Collector, Survey123, ArcGIS Server, Portal and Pro.
* Familiarity with Asset Management solutions, including Cityworks, Maximo and other out of the box solutions.
* Bachelors Degree or Graduate Degree in Environmental Science, Geography, GIS, Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field.
* Minimum of 5 - 9 years of experience.
* Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment. Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon position.
* Submit for approval and deliver timely annual Employee Performance Appraisals for assigned staff
* Train adequate backup personnel to support your role in your absence
* Comply with all KCI policies and procedures
* Complete other duties as required/assigned
* Provide timely feedback to senior program manager/program manager
* Report technical issues in a timely manner to the senior program manager/program manager, solution architect and application developers
* Work with project team to successfully deploy applications
* Achieve or exceed budgeted individual utilization target
* Attend bi-weekly(or more frequently as necessary) meetings with project team on all projects/tasks
* Chart and provide project performance results
* Complete all tasks on time and within budget while fully meeting the scope
* Meet monthly(or more frequently as necessary) with senior program manager/program manager to review project performance
* Meet weekly(or more frequently as necessary) with senior program manager/program manager to review project budget status
* Prepare and submit monthly project completion report
* Report task completion status to senior program manager/program manager
* Conduct user acceptance testing
* Design new product documentation
* Design work sessions
* Develop new product wireframes
* Discuss technical aspects of projects with Senior Program Manager/Program Manager and Developers
* Gather and document project requirements
* Provide application training to support successful adoption and implementation
* Provide technical feedback to Senior Program Manager/Program Manager, Solution Architect and Application Developers
KCI Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
Employee Stock Ownership
*Some Part Time positions are not eligble for benefits.
*Temporary positions are not eligible for benefits.