This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/11/2020
END DATE 1/24/2020
Essity Professional Hygiene
JOB DESCRIPTIONENTRY LEVEL ENGINEER
Essity Manufacturing Professional Hygiene North America is currently searching for an ENTRY LEVEL ENGINEER for our manufacturing operations in Greenwich, NY.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role serves as the day-to-day engineering support for the converting processes and process control systems. Support and manage the development of troubleshooting skills of Converting Operators. Acts as a subject matter expert for the converting machine processes. Participates and/or leads in Continuous Improvement projects. Helps to identify and support projects that will improve productivity, waste, quality and safety performance on a long term basis.
We re looking for people who embody our values, aren t afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We re always looking for ways to improve our products and ourselves. If this is you, we d love to talk.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Ensures all site safety rules and safe work procedures are followed in area of responsibility;
* Support and drive BOS (Be Aware of Safety) initiatives and other site-based co-operative safety programs and initiatives;
* Ensure all system requirements are practiced for the management of HSE&R Hazards & Incidents;
* Lead and promote HSE&R practices within Shift/Crews;
* Demonstrate site leadership behaviors in safety at all times.
* Manage and monitor annual vendor service contracts in area of responsibility;
* Provide usable reliability-centered maintenance tools and systems in support of operating KPI s and quality goals of equipment within the MBU/Asset areas.
* Responds to needs of the operating team by identifying and implementing appropriate training, technical manuals, and optimizing vendor relationships;
* Acquire a thorough knowledge of machine/product technology and processes, and transfer that knowledge to operating team and Resource Support Team (RST) to facilitate continued improvement.
* Facilitate the completion of improvement plans to achieve targeted performance and machine run time;
* Maintain availability and effective communication around the coordination and planning of primary maintenance outages that would impact productivity and runnabilty.
* Assist RST Lead and E-Save Engineer with priority needs in Energy and Materials reduction initiatives and projects.
* Assists in coordination & facilitate outage planning/scheduling meetings with RST, Operators, and maintenance and engineering resources; compile and distribute outage and maintenance schedules;
* Implement processes that ensure efficient and effective use of labor time of on-site and contracted maintenance resources.
* Uphold Essity s core values in every day actions: Respect, Excellence, and Responsibility;
* Successful incumbents will aggressively seek out and capitalize upon learning and contribution opportunities;
WHO YOU ARE
* Bachelor s degree in Chemical, Paper Science, Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering, or other related engineering field preferred, or equivalent experience;
* Minimum of 1 year of engineering experience required ;manufacturing related internship/co-op preferred;
* Pulp and paper experience a plus;
* Project management experience preferred;
* Experience in SAP or another Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Mill Execution Systems (MES);
* Skilled in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and Power Point;
* Knowledgee in world class maintenance safety processes;
* Knowledge of industrial mechanical equipment;
* Ability to work and communicate with outside resources: OEM representatives, vendors, contractors, service companies;
* Problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Collaborative and caring Work Environment | Empowerment | Job Impact | Work with a Powerful Purpose | Individual Learning and Development | Health & Safety | Social Responsibility | Innovation
Essity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled.
TOGETHER, WE ARE IMPROVING LIVES, EVERY DAY.
Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being.
APPLICATION END DATE:
23 Jan 2020