This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 8/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY
The Graphic Designer is responsible for effectively translating customer requests into designs, artwork and proofs, while considering production, brand and quality standards along with client objectives. This position interprets customer orders, cleans up customer artwork, changes formatting, and modifies art to match orders. The Graphic Designer works with customer service representatives and directly with customers concerning questions on orders, templates and final review for production JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Read and interpret customer orders for all production processes.
* Review customer artwork for compatibility with all production processes.
* Utilize graphic software to design and produce finished artwork or product.
* Interface directly with the customer to edit and revise artwork as needed to produce a quality product.
* Verify customer order size and written instructions match customer artwork.
* Retrieve and import designs for art layouts requested by customers.
* Consult with managers and team for departmental review and critique of final product when necessary
* Determine size, arrangement, color, border and graphic needs and whether art should be in positive or negative format.
* Proofread/inspect the accuracy of completed work.
* Produce and send proof for customer approval. Suggest improvements as needed.
* Ensures consistency of design with production, brand and quality standards.
* Work as a liaison between Graphics, Customer Service and the customer to ensure timely turnaround of artwork for customer approval.
* Prepare notes and instructions for assemblers who prepare final product.
* Track and report on all graphic work being completed.
* Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
* Associate's Degree in Graphic Design, Art or related field;
* 4+ years of previous graphic design experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
* Proficient in Adobe Photo-Shop, Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Mac experience preferred.
* Experience with other design software.
* A high degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
* Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
* Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
* Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
* Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually low/moderate.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions
Matthews Memorialization is a leader in the memorialization industry who is committed to helping customers grow their businesses and helping families move from grieving to remembrance by providing products of superior craftsmanship and revenue generating programs and services. Within this industry, our Environmental Solutions is focused on the design and manufacture of advanced combustion systems. Matthews Memorialization is a (MATW) Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.