Groundsperson (Persona en Tierra) - Aiken, South Carolina
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/2/2020
END DATE 7/7/2020
Lewis Tree Service
* Have valid driver's license, CDL and/or medical certification as required for the vehicle being operated. Must be able to hear, speak and see, with ability to walk one mile or more.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain Herbicide Certification and licensing as required by Lewis Tree Service Policy and state, local and federal laws.
* Must be able to perform physical labor such as lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. to shoulder height or more.
* Must be capable of operating two handed equipment (chain saw, circular saw, etc.) and have the physical ability to endure extreme climate variances.
* Must obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid cards.
* Must successfully complete the Ground person Technical Knowledge & Skills Certification.
Nature of Duties:
* Trims and/or removes trees by climbing or with aid of an aerial lift, but only under the direct supervision of a crew leader or qualified line clearance tree trimmer.
* Loads and unloads trucks with logs, brush and debris and/or feeds brush into brush chipper.
* Uses hand lines to lower limbs and equipment. Keeps work area picked up and orderly.
* Carries and lays out materials, tools and equipment at work site. Use and maintenance of small power tools at ground level.
* Sprays stumps and brush.
* Drives and operates trucks and other equipment as assigned.
* Keeps trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion. Reports the need for repairs to truck and equipment to crew leader.
* Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around the working area. Helps enforce on the job safety practices.
* Performs other related work as assigned.
Lewis Tree Service is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity for both applicants and employees. Lewis Tree Service prohibits unlawful discrimination or harassment of employees and applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age (40+), religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic, all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, apprenticeship, promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Lewis Tree Service's practices and policies are administered in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Lewis Tree Service es un empleador de Igualdad de Oportunidades encargado de proveer igualdad de oportunidades para todos, incluyendo los aplicantes y los empleados. Lewis Tree Service se prohíbe la discriminación o el acoso de empleados y aplicantes por el motivo de raza, credo, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad (40+), religión, discapacidad, estatus matrimonial, orientación sexual, información genética, estatus de ciudadanía, estatus de veterano, o cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley, todas la decisiones de empleo, incluyendo pero no limitado a reclutamiento, contratación, compensación, entrenamiento, promoción, democión, transferir, suspender y terminación, y todos los otro términos de empleo. Las practicas de Lewis Tree Service son administradas de acuerdo con las leyes federales, estatales, y locales aplicables
Lewis Tree Service - Equal Opportunity Employer.