Group Copy Supervisor/Neon/Oncology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2020
END DATE 8/23/2020
New York City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONNeon a NYC based agency part of FCB Health is seeking a Group Copy Supervisor to work on an oncology brand.
The Group Copy Supervisor (GCS) is responsible managing all aspects of copy and related data for his/her accounts. The GCS is the brand leader who solves strategic and creative issues with the client while enhancing the client's confidence in the agency. The VP GCS is capable of producing original, unusual, top-quality creative ideas across all assignments. The VP GCS must supervise and mentor junior writers while simultaneously managing a heavy workload.
Creation and Execution
* Develop smart, single-minded ideas that are on strategy. Skillfully produce work across all channels. Work collaboratively with creative and account partners. Direct members of staff to ensure proper production of campaign elements.
* Bring and maintain knowledge and understanding of client's products, their marketing objectives, and the promotional activities of similar or competitive products to evaluate work in light of current marketing environment. Understanding marketing plans including objectives and strategies and how success will be measured. Contribute innovative ideas and tactics appropriate to client marketing strategy. Participate in strategic and tactical meetings to develop effective campaign reflecting the clients objectives. Generate new and innovative creative strategies and ideas to meet creative objectives.
* Review and direct creative materials with partners
* Evaluate creative strategy and execution of all new work
* Collaborate and communicate with team members in a productive manner to ensure goals are being met and to attain/maintain creative vision outlined for the agency
* Analyzes and creates supportable content, revising, rewriting, and reorganizing for clarity, comprehension, logic, structure, flow, and appropriateness for audience and project type and within regulatory guidelines. Works directly with copy and scientific/medical staff to ensure content/claims can be substantiated by supporting clinical studies. Prepares annotations and references for medical/legal/regulatory submissions as needed.
* Develop strong client relationships through participation in market research, presenting creative concept development, and strategic direction
* Align with creative leads to understand and support staffing needs
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Thinking: * Explores/develops/produces innovative and visually fresh concepts, in partnership with copy and account team, appropriate to the client's marketing strategy within stated deadline and budget.
* Brings knowledge of clients' products, their marketing objectives, and the promotional activities of similar or competitive product campaigns.
* Develops the creative rationale for each visual idea and its intended message.
* Defends strength of ideas while remaining open to alternatives and future directions that may be deemed more effective.
* Keeps current on the latest award-winning advertising, film and graphic techniques, industry trends, plus media and technology innovations.
* Incorporates and/or explores clients' responses to presentation, creatively resolves questions and concerns.Execution:
* Conduct additional background research as necessary.
* Review copy with supervisor and account management to develop dynamic and ownable concepts.
* Writes content that is clear, concise, creative, and supportable.
* Commands the writing, data, and conceptual direction for the account.Relationship Management:
* Develops strong client relationships through participation in market research, presenting creative concept development, and strategic direction.
* Develops innovative solutions to team concerns should problems arise.
* Supervises and mentors junior writers, develop the writers to effectively contribute to the agency, follows up to ensure goals are met through encouragement and constructive feedback and provides direction as needed.
* Works with colleagues and vendors, including illustrators, photographers, retouchers, science bureaus, computer design staff, editorial department, audio engineers, film editors, integrated producers, creative technologists, user experience architects, production managers, medical directors, marketing strategists, and account executives to ensure highest quality product within specified deadlines.Business Management:
* Communicates openly and collegially.
* Exhibits excellent presentation skills.
* Demonstrates the ability to hire and retain highly capable people while fostering diversity and career development.
* Conducts performance reviews and salary reviews in a timely fashion.
* Demonstrates full understanding of Vantage/billing process and timely reporting of hours.
* 5 healthcare advertising experience mandatory
High science copy experience mandatory
portfolio with work commensurate with position
* Bachelors Degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related field preferred
* Effective oral and written communications skills
* Client rapport and trust
* Computer proficiency, solid knowledge of design programs
* Managerial skills
* Ability to work well within a team setting
* Exhibits decisive problem solving abilities
FOR U.S. JOB SEEKERS
It is the policy of FCB and any of its affiliates to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F.