Guest Service Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides friendly and responsive front desk service to guests, while also ensuring that guest payments are collected and processed in a reliable and timely manner.
Greets guests, assists them with check-ins and check-outs, registers and assigns rooms, issues room keys/cards, transmits and receives messages, keeps records of occupied rooms and guest accounts, makes and confirms reservations, presents statement to and collects payments from departing guests.
Ensures that all service provided is consistently prompt and courteous and designed to meet high standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
Cleans the lobby and public restroom; washes and folds laundry; and assists other staff in preparing check outs to be guest ready.
Responds to any/all emergency situations (police, fire, emergency responder, weather, building electrical outage, water line breaks, etc.) in a timely manner.
Organizes, confirms, processes, and conducts all guest check-ins/check-outs, room reservations, requests, changes, and cancellations; greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. * Secures payment; verifies and adjusts billing. Verifies customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation. Computes bills, collects payments, and make change for guests.
* Keeps abreast of hotel policies concerning room/sign rates, group and other discounts, and special offerings.
* Maintains proficiency in all location computer and software systems.
* Issues room keys, identifies and explains room features to guests. Supplies guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, hours of operation and local areas of interest.
* Keeps records of room availability/inventory management, and guests' accounts.
* Performs bookkeeping activities including running reports, posting payments to guest folios.
* Records guest comments or complaints, referring customers to General Manager as necessary.
* Contacts housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
* Responds to emergency situations.
* Cleans and maintains common areas within the hotel: hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, to WoodSpring standards.
* Assists guests in checking in or out as directed by the General Manager.
* Keeps store rooms in clean, safe, and organized condition at all times.
* Assists other employees in completing their respective duties, as necessary, to achieve guest ready rooms, public areas, and outstanding customer service.
* Cleans and maintains lobby, entrance doors including snow removal from entrances, sidewalks, and emergency exits.
* Works in laundry room area loading and unloading washers and dryers and folding items.
* Notify General Manager or Maintenance Technician of any major repairs.
* Provides inventory management to ensure property is equipped with necessary parts and supplies.
* Serves as Manager-on-Duty in General Manager and/or Lead GSR absence.
* Prepares housekeeping duty rosters for move-out and stay-over cleans.
* Inspects/stocks housekeeping carts for service preparedness.
* Inspect rooms for guest readiness.
* Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions are not all inclusive; other duties may be assigned.
Adaptability and flexibility Displays the capability to adapt to new, different, and changing requirements.
Communication Convey information clearly, correctly, and succinctly.
Dependability and reliability Displays responsible behaviors at work: attendance and punctuality, attention to details, following directions, and fulfilling obligations.
Integrity Displays strong moral principles and work ethic. Behaving ethically, acting fairly, and taking responsibility.
Interpersonal Skills Displays the skills to work effectively with others.
Professionalism Maintaining a professional presence. Demonstrating self-control, maintaining a professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS * High school diploma or equivalent.
* 1-5 years prior guest service experience in a hotel is preferred.
* Must have computer skills; the ability to access and accurately input information into a computer system.
* Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
* Friendly, cooperative manner and patience in dealing with unreasonable requests or rude customers.
* Must have flexible schedule.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. * While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Frequent lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Frequently bends, kneels, crouches.
* Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, wiping, pushing, lifting.
* Exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.