Headend Technician 8/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HEADEND TECHNICIAN
Job ID: 2020-25369
Location: 68 Fifth Street, Buckhannon, WV 26201
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
The Headend Technician constructs, installs, operates, repairs, and maintains Master Telecommunication Center (MTC/headend) components. Monitors reception and distribution of off-air, satellite, microwave, studio feed, and locally-originated programming to the network utilizing coaxial cable, microwave and fiber optic transmission technologies.
* Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding Altice USA's values
* Installs, maintains, provisions, checks and adjusts MTC/headend equipment including CATV, telephony, high-speed data communications, networking, and other equipment (specifics may vary by specialty)
* Performs routine checks of RF levels and headend alignment
* Performs status monitoring of RF and data performance and reports and/or repairs discrepancies
Verifies video and audio levels for satellite and stereo processing equipment * Monitors commercial insertion equipment for performance as needed
* Assists the supervisor with work flow, training, quality assurance and providing support and direction to other technicians
* Ensures transmission and distribution equipment and active cable plant meet Suddenlink, franchise and FCC standards
* Analyzes and troubleshoot problems for quick resolution in collaboration with network operations center
* Maintains accurate inventory of headend network elements within element manager database
* Measures network performance and diagnose network problems using measurement and diagnostic tools and methods
* Ensures installation, documentation and turn-up of circuits and equipment conform to engineering standards
* Significant field experience as broadband technician or equivalent hands on experience with CATV, fiber optics, microwave, broadband or telephony
* Knowledge and application of advanced mathematics and electronics
* Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations regarding cable television and familiarity with the National Electric Safety Code
* Proficient in using a Windows-based computer
* Ability to work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
* Ability to work performed near power lines and electricity
* Driver's license and ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night is required
* Associate degree in related field or two (2) years formal electronics training preferred
NCTI and/or SCTE courses preferred * Bi-lingual proficiency preferred
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.