Health & Safety Consultant 8/22/2020
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Cardno ChemRisk is a scientific consulting company that uses risk assessment to solve public health, occupational health, and environmental challenges. The projects we work on often utilize multidisciplinary skills to address possible physical, chemical, biological, or radiological hazards both in the field and through documented report evaluations. Our health & safety work includes assisting clients with the creation, implementation and evaluation of their health & safety plans across various industries and proving in-field support.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced work environment with ambitious and self-motivated staff. We are continuously considering applications for full-time Health Scientist positions in San Francisco, CA; Aliso Viejo, CA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; Arlington, VA; Brooklyn, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; Boston, MA and Cincinnati, OH.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Critically evaluating and summarizing scientific literature on a variety of occupational health and safety topics
* Evaluating and creating health & safety plans, protocols, and procedures
* Performing quantitative and qualitative exposure and risk assessments including field assessments
* Provide on-site health & safety support to various client sites across the US
* Develop and provide health & safety topic training
* Assisting with the production of technical work products, presentations, and proposals
* Contributing to or leading scientific manuscripts and conference presentations
* Participate in company training and collaborative professional development efforts
* Someone with both IH and Safety experience (CIH, CSP, ASP preferred)
* Demonstration of experience wearing the multiple hats of an EHS professional desired)
* Midlevel career: 5-10 years experience
* Quality and variety in EHS experience (not all govt or all academia)
* Demonstration of commitment (having multiple 2 year stints is not ideal)
* Demonstration of team-oriented skills and activities
* An active volunteer in health & safety organizations and/or community volunteering
* Passion for EHS (any topic)
* TV, film, media experience/knowledge
* Desire for field work
* Degree above a BS
* Toxicology or Epidemiology skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT FOR US BASED APPLICANTS
CARDNO HAS A LONG STANDING POLICY OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITY IN EMPLOYMENT. OUR PRACTICE IS TO FILL POSITIONS BY SELECTING APPLICANTS WHO CAN PERFORM THE WORK IN A COMPETENT AND PROFESSIONAL MANNER. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AGE, SEX, RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS. AT ANY TIME, IF YOU NEED AN ACCOMMODATION DURING THE APPLICATION PROCESS, PLEASE CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES.
CARDNO DOES NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED RESUMES FROM ANY 3RD PARTY AGENCIES. NO FEE WILL BE PAID TO 3RD PARTIES WHO SUBMIT UNSOLICITED RESUMES TO ANY CARDNO EMPLOYEE. RESUMES FROM APPROVED VENDORS MUST BE SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED BY CARDNO AND APPROVED BY THE CARDNO TALENT ACQUISITION TEAM.