Health Services Director - Registered Nurse - Bonus Eligible!
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/5/2020
END DATE 8/7/2020
Prestige Care, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONDue to an EXCITING internal promotion, our Health Services Director role is open! Apply today!
Any questions? Contact Director of Talent Acquisition Blake Thiess!
Facebook: Facebook Profile
LinkedIn: LinkedIn Profile
Karcher Estates is located in Nampa, Idaho just 20 miles west of Boise. The Karcher Estates campus is a perfect option for those who are interested in independent or assisted living options, as well as for those who may require short-term rehabilitation and skilled nursing care following a hospital stay, injury or illness. Our campus of care offers independent living, assisted living and post-acute skilled nursing and rehabilitative care to meet nearly every need you have.:
Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates embraces a philosophy of healthy, fulfilled living to encourage happiness and longevity, and we strive to help residents achieve the purposeful, active lifestyle that they desire through events, activities and educational opportunities.:
Karcher Post-Acute and Rehabilitation Center is with you every step of the way. Specializing in short-term rehabilitation and skilled nursing care, our goal is to help patients return home to their active, independent lifestyle. Our inter-disciplinary team of physicians, nurses, therapists, social workers and healthcare technicians are experts in providing a full range of health care services. We are able to adapt these services to each patient and their personal circumstances.:
Karcher Post-Acute and Rehabilitation Center is a contracted provider for Medicaid, Medicare and several managed care plans.:
Questions? Contact KarcherALFExecutiveDirector@prestigecare.com:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an employee, you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:
Ensure that resident care needs are met by coordinating and overseeing the health and supportive services provided to residents at the Assisted Living Community. Provide training and oversight of staff in all areas of health related services. Training on and oversight of all health related procedures and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Foster a non-clinical, resident-centered approach to the planning and delivery of services to residents, supporting residents rights to participate in decision-making and treating residents with dignity and respect.
* Assess health, functional and psychosocial status of residents. Participate in the development of individualized service plans. Proactively manage care and services for each resident, maximizing the resident s opportunity to remain in the assisted living environment. Problem-solve with community management team to case manage residents with challenging needs.
* Collaborate with the Management team on the advisability of accepting any prospective resident, taking into consideration the needs of the prospective resident, current community acuity and staffing levels. Provide in-person pre-move in assessments if deemed necessary. Assess residents with reported changes of condition. Provide staff direction, service planning input and coordination of care to meet the residents changing needs.
* Ensure that resident care needs are met by coordinating care services with other community professionals, including physicians, discharge planners, nurses, home health agency staff, case managers, and state agency personnel. Oversee the arrangement of ancillary services such as pharmacy, podiatry, lab, and x-ray as needed.
* Delegates nursing tasks as allowed under applicable state nursing laws and practice acts, communicating regularly with residents, their families, and their health care practitioners.
* Provide training of staff in the area of health related services including but not limited to providing personal care and medication management. Assist in providing oversight of direct care staff as they provide personal care, medication management, and other health related services. Provide on-call support for staff questions, phone triage of resident conditions and provide verbal staff direction for changes in resident conditions.
* Communicate regularly with residents families regarding health care needs. Provide instruction and reassurance to residents and families in maintaining health and managing medical conditions.
* Assist in the investigation and root cause analysis of incidents. Collaborate with the management team on the development and implementation of appropriate interventions. Participate in routine and as needed quality focused audits, and meetings with the management team as needed.
* Oversee the documentation and communication of resident care and services. Assist the management team to ensure resident records are completed in a timely manner and maintained according to company policies and state regulations. Maintain and oversee medication services including staff training, staff oversight, pharmacy coordination, medication room and medication systems.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all rules, regulations and policies pertaining to resident care. Responsible to stay informed of industry and health care trends and standards, applying new knowledge to meet the changing needs of residents. Seek out additional expertise and advice when needed to assure residents needs are met and proper practices followed.
* Participates in the marketing efforts of the management team by representing the residence in a positive manner to outside agencies and participating in residence social functions. Other duties as assigned.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents families, visitors and staff. Protect privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, employees, the residence, and company information and records. Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits. Comply with the attendance policy. Maintain neat appearance, good personal hygiene, and appropriate attire. Assists with special projects as assigned and performs other related duties.
Supervises the resident care coordinator, assistant health services director, medication and care staff.
Must have a current, unencumbered RN license. Excellent written and oral communication, computer and motivational skills are essential to success. Ability to creatively problem-solve in both resident care and employee management situations. Must be able to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Current RN license in state practicing. Associate Degree in Nursing, or Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Experience in geriatric nursing, medication administration, case management, training/staff development, budgets and team management a plus. Additional course work in management an asset.