Hearing Screen Tech/40 Hours/Days/MotherBaby
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/5/2020
END DATE 4/9/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONPerforms newborn hearing screening under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and the Supervising Audiologist of the newborn hearing screening program.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Screens hearing of newborns admitted to the Level 1 nursery and, as needed, to the Level 2 nursery according to the procedures outlined in the newborn hearing screening protocol.
2. Transports babies to and from mothers room to nursery for hearing screening according to nursery procedures.
3. Changes infant diapers and clothing as needed while baby is in care for newborn hearing screening.
4. Tracks and verifies that all babies admitted to the Unit receive hearing screening before discharged to home.
5. Tracks inventory of screening supplies, reorders supplies as needed and stocks supplies with screening equipment.
6. Transmits outcome of newborn hearing screening to entry person for electronic birth certificate.
7. Verifies data as instructed for monthly screening statistics.
8. Maintains cleanliness of equipment and verifies equipment function. Reports any malfunction to Nurse Manager and Audiologist.
High School diploma. Experience in a hospital setting preferred.
Newton-Wellesley Hospital will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, veteran or active military status, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation.