Heavy Equipment Mechanic - Day Shift 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Why work for Waste Management?STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Take the next step and put your high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - to good use with modern maintenance practices and technologies on our Yellow Iron equipment. We care about our Mechanic s safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our mechanics and managers. You'll be rewarded for your skills and ability as well as provided with opportunities for growth. Check us out, WM may be the company for you.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
* Industry-leading health insurance
* Yearly tool allowance, boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
* Paid vacation after 90 days
* Non flat-rate shops
* 401k + Company Match
* An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
***This is a 1st shift position 6:30 am - 4:30 pm***
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
* Two (2) years of prior heavy equipment maintenance experience
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Valid driver s license and must have a clean driving record.
* Legally eligible to work in the United States.
* Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
ABOUT THE JOB
Performs complex preventative maintenance tasks, troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of equipment (Trucks and Yellow Iron). Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to, bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks, farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars). Position will be occasionally assisting at Jahner & McDaniel landfills as well as Dakota landfill.
To be successful as a mechanic, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
* Performs complex preventative maintenance tasks, and troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of equipment (Trucks and Yellow Iron).
* Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to, bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks, farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
* Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors, transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical systems.
* Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
* Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist.
* Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M. checklists, and oil samples.
* Services and maintains other equipment such as light plants, water pump, welders, and other equipment.
* Perform preventive maintenance inspections and effectively repair of any problems identified during an inspection.
* Perform proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment.
* Provide assistance, guidance and direction to other maintenance personnel.
* Use vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
* Estimate time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts.
* Advise supervisor immediately if additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
* Inspect the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
* Perform service calls for emergency breakdowns.
* Conduct safety checks on vehicles. Performs maintenance related work as required.
* As a mechanic you'll, at times, supervise maintenance duties in the absence of your manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day
* Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment, skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks, ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles, ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program, and knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
* You'll handle objects less than 30 pounds most of the work day
* You'll be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often
* You'll be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, \\"Apply today!
Waste Management (WM) is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. Your patience and flexibility is appreciated as our process may involve virtual solutions and take longer than normal. Interview process and timing may be delayed and will vary by site.