Helper A / Maintenance Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/7/2019
END DATE 1/2/2020
Related companies of California LLC
Your role with the company:
Related Management is currently seeking a highly experienced Maintenance Technician at an affordable residential community in Chicago, IL. The Maintenance Tech will be responsible for common area and apartment repairs in the scope of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and appliances. Further oversight of the building s curb appeal through building exterior inspections, cleaning and grounds maintenance is required. Customer service and attention to detail are critical skills to ensure the satisfaction of the community s residents. Responsibilities will also include daily cleaning and special projects as assigned.
Efficiently completes all daily work orders in a specific amount of time. Communicates any delays in completing a work order with the supervisor and management office.
Troubleshoot and repair maintenance issues involving electrical, plumbing, appliances, and carpentry.
Work with office team to ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed and on schedule.
Respond to after hour on-call emergencies.
Stay current on all applicable building codes and safety standards.
Maintain trash rooms and dumpster areas.
Assist in the proper clearing of snow during a snow event.
Coordinate proper work shop inventory with maintenance supervisor.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, appliance and snow removal.
- Customer service first attitude.
- Must have personal, reliable transportation for on-call emergencies.
- Previous residential experience preferred.
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance vision
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
- Snow removal is a huge component of this position
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Affordable is the division of Related Companies that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and mixed-income developments demonstrate the company s continuing ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods. Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000 affordable and workforce housing units.