Hematology/Oncology Staff RN III Clinic Per-Diem
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/15/2020
END DATE 1/23/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs the leader of the health care team, provides professional nursing care, utilizing the nursing process in accordance w/ established standards of care, policies, & procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent w/ the Medical Center Vision, Mission, & Strategic Plan of the organization. Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality & effectiveness in work habits & clinical practice; & treats co-workers, patients, families, & all members of the health care team w/ dignity & respect.
- The Registered Nurse demonstrates proficiency by exhibiting the following skills, competencies, & behaviors:
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities, & applicable state, federal & local laws.
- Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks appropriately, & demonstrates appropriate accountability.
- Understands own & team members scope of practice & escalates issues as appropriate.
- Demonstrates professional, supportive behavior.
- Champions new ideas.
- Leads & directs others through the change process.
- Utilizes communication strategies including chain of comm& & issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
- Participates in problem identification & resolution.
- Mentors, orients, & coaches others in unit specific operations & patient care activities.
- Shares responsibility & authority w/ subordinates & holds him/her accountable for performance.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve w/ other departments in order to assist member problem resolution.
- Prioritizes, delegates, & supervises work assignments appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Complies w/ regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, & standards of practice.
- Nursing Process:
- Develops &/or contributes to the individualized plan of care that reflects assessment, planning, implementing, & evaluating the outcomes of that plan.
- Ensures plan shows multidisciplinary planning, consultation, & education.
- Ensures plan is reflective of admission or outpatient database, on-going findings, age appropriate care, cultural specific needs, & appropriate acuity.
- Ensures plan is discussed w/ patient, family/significant others, & completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors the patient's progress based on the plan.
- Revises plan on ongoing basis based on patient condition & evaluation of progress.
- Ensures care meets standards of practice.
- Ensures effective development & completion of discharge plan including discharge barriers & patient/family education.
- Ensures that patient clearly understands discharge instructions.
- In outpatient, identify barriers & needs for patient/family education that will facilitate the outpatient medical mgmt plan.
- Ensures patient safety related but not limited to, medications & procedures utilizing the five rights; patient falls; decubitus prevention & prevention of nosocomial infections.
- Ensures optimal pain control & patient comfort; identifies & discusses patient anxieties, fears or concerns regarding patient condition, treatment or discharge.
- Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side effects, & administration instructions in the hospital as well as at the time of discharge.
- Charting is accurate, legible, dated, & timed.
- Documentation reflects nursing process & interventions & evaluations taken.
- Utilizes computer systems effectively & efficiently for optimal patient care.
- Clinical Outcomes:
- Discusses patient findings & progress toward outcomes w/ physicians & other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates competencies during the probationary period & ongoing completion by departmental competency validation.
- Make comprehensive nursing decisions based on interpretation of data, assessments, & evaluations of patient outcomes.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement activities, i.e., planning, measuring/monitoring, assessing, & improving.
- Workplace Safety:
- Adherence to LMP Workplace Safety principles & practices.
- Applies standard precautions.
- Maintains a safe environment for self & others.
- Patient Care Experience:
- Practices customer service standards as defined by the Service Area, Medical Center, & specified department.
- Promptly answers call lights, alarms, & patient requests.
- Makes appropriate referrals & facilitates the customer's ability to utilize resources.
- Maintains & protects patient confidentiality.
- Ensures clean, orderly, & functional work environment.
- Treats all families of patients w/ courtesy, respect, kindness & compassion.
- Provides an optimal patient care exp by actively listening to the needs of patients & family members & taking responsibility for meeting those identified needs.
- Gives patients information in a way they can underst& & ensures comprehension.
- Provides a patient care exp that exceeds members' expectations.
- Team Commitment:
- Viewed by others to be an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, & willing to assist others.
- Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively & seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions & accepts constructive criticism.
- Acts as a resource, preceptor, & mentor to new employees, registry, students, & other team members.
- Attends all mandatory meetings, in-services & staff meetings as required, actively participates in other departmental professional development (Requirement may vary for per diem staff).
- Participates w/ the assessment of current & future unit learning needs & development of an annual education plan.
- Keeps self- informed of activities on the unit & makes recommendations for change.
- Adheres to Attendance Program.
- Reports to assigned area promptly, being present & available for report at beginning of assigned shift.
- Supports a collaborative Labor-Mgmt Partnership environment through unit based teams.
- Fiscal Responsibility:
- Organizes work to minimize the use of overtime.
- Identifies & assists in systems improvement that needs simplification or correction.
- Utilizes payroll & non-payroll resources to their maximum potential.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current CA RN license, BLS certification.
1-year recent (within the last 3 years) full-time equivalent experience in
acute care or ambulatory care.
ONS Provider Card required.
PICC didactic course and PICC insertion experience, as applicable.
Current ACLS card required.
- Must cross-train in back office and Hematology/Oncology,
Chemo and Infusion Clinic.
- Candidate may
be required to be trained on PICC once hired.
- Candidate may be required to float to other
areas in AVMO, including back office, and may work rotating weekends.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
TITLE: Hematology/Oncology Staff RN III Clinic Per-Diem
LOCATION: Lancaster, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance