HIM Financial Ops Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 8/5/2020
Parkland Health and Hospital System
JOB DESCRIPTIONInterested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It s our passion.
Provides financial support to HIM Operational Leaders for financial monitoring. Serves as a resource for financial analysis.
* Bachelor's degree in an Information Management, Technology, or Finance related field required.
* Master's degree in a Health Information Management or Finance related field preferred.
* Must have two years of experience in fiscal management.
* Must have two years of health information management operational experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
* May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
* Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
* Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
* Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
Required Tests for Placement
Skills or Special Abilities
* Must have working knowledge of health information management, operations, and accounting.
* Must have advanced computer skills, including spreadsheet, database management, and word processing software.
* Must have experience working with financial applications software.
* Must have excellent oral and written skills.
* Must have good organizational skills and be able to demonstrate both analytical and statistical skills.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel.
* Must have working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, VISIO) software.
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively as part of a team, and on an independent basis.
* May require advanced working knowledge of budget, requisition, and contract processes.
1. Serves as a lead resource person and acts as a representative to HIM division staff and management concerning fiscal and budgetary matters on development, review, and directives. Research, recommend, and support HIM Division leadership with contract negotiation as applicable.
2. Responsible for assuring the timely maintenance and distribution of all HIM financial and statistical reports, account and cost center changes, and Board contracts, etc., to facilitate work flow and communication with division personnel. Assists leader with capital expenditure processes by monitors the timing and appropriateness of capital spending and updates forecasts as necessary.
3. Initiates and performs advanced HIM report design and analysis. Participates in complex assignments such as responding to specific request for ad hoc reports and to provide technical and accounting expertise.
4. Assists in preparation of HIM¿s annual capital and operating budgets. Monitors actual results as compared to budget monthly to ensure fiscal responsibility, reports monthly variance to leader and revises as directed.
5. Submits PDC project requests on behalf of management and performs oversight and reports progress of new construction projects, cubicle additions, painting requests and any relocation of staff and their equipment to ensure approvals, support, compliance and solicitation of resources occur timely.
6. Monitors and reconciles various expenditures such as capital equipment, material contractual arrangements, lease agreements, dues, and memberships for the division. Facilitates processing and /or corrections as necessary.
7. Reviews the performance reports and general ledger transactions of division cost centers. Analyses the financial and statistical activities and performance of the division throughout the year to ensure fiscal accountability and reports variances as appropriate.
8. Responsible for all HIM FA Virtual and Re-Class new hire checklist, workstation readiness, virtual involuntary termination checkout process/exit as well as on-site employee equipment and workspace readiness, decommissioning and checkout process.
9. Reviews and regularly updates orientation guide as duties are added, revised or removed.
10. Creates, tracks and trends information related to contract oversight, Coder vendor compliance as defined by contract, tracking of all purchase orders (i.e. IT minor equipment, software, books, webinars, etc.) Manages software license inventory, equipment owner inventory and surplus equipment inventory.
11. Stays abreast of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact all Health Information Management facilities. Educates and ensures employee compliance with Life/Fire Safety and Disaster & Joint Commission Readiness; performs Environment of Care (EOC) rounds and manages Door access, Alarm and security functionality as well as Locksmith/Key management and distribution.
12. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable state and federal laws and accreditation agency requirements as well as reporting of all non-compliance to appropriate leadership and leader for correction. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding.
13. Establishes and maintains a collaborative working relationship with internal and external customers by providing responsive customer service.
* Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes, work flows, etc. for the area and implements appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
* Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
* Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
* Develops and monitors annual budgets that ensure the department has the necessary funds to carry out the goals and objectives that have been established for the department.
* Develops, implements, monitors, and revises annual goals and objectives for the department that support the missions and objectives of Parkland.
* Selects, trains, schedules, motivates, supervises, and evaluates employees making recommendations for disciplinary actions up to and including termination, to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities. Ensures that assigned employees receive opportunities to further their knowledge.