HOME DEPOT PRO FLEET SUPERVISOR-HOUSTON, TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/14/2019
END DATE 11/15/2019
Home Depot / THD
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION PURPOSEThe Fleet Supervisor is responsible for supporting delivery operations from the distribution center, completed by private fleet and 3rd party carriers. Duties will include but not limited to private fleet operations and maintenance, driver supervision, routing system management, all DOT and other applicable federal/state law compliance, measurement and reporting of delivery key performance indicators for the distribution center.MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES* 40% - Execute delivery functions through support of local delivery drivers. Includes managing daily operations (daily start-up meetings, driver check-in process, ride-alongs), supporting daily planning activities (reviewing volume forecasts, building daily delivery routes).
* 20% - Management of operations metrics and key performance indicators. Review of customer escalations (internal & external) and trend analysis to identify process improvement opportunities. Cross-functional partnership to implement process changes that are sustainable. Follow-up to ensure appropriate resolutions of customer escalations.
* 20% - Managing delivery trucks & assets (truck inventory, truck maintenance, cleanliness) and Home Depot driver productivity, providing coaching & feedback to Home Depot drivers.
* 20% - Ensuring delivery operations are compliant with federal, state and company requirements (driver qualification files, pre/post inspections, vehicle safety, internal SOPs) & providing coaching and feedback on compliance requirements.
NATURE AND SCOPE* This position reports to the Fleet Manager.
* This position has 5 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTSEnvironment: * Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes which cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
Travel: * Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS* Must be eighteen years of age or older.
* Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Education Required:* The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 yearsPhysical Requirements:* Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
Preferred Qualifications:* Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
* Ability to draw accurate conclusions from financial documentation
* Demonstrated project management skills
* Ability to negotiate, handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances with both internal and external customers
* Experience in Transportation/Logistics Management Experience in Delivery Operations Knowledge of DOT regulations for commercial vehicles Knowledge of Routing System software
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:* Balances Stakeholders - Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
* Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
* Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
* Decision Quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
* Directs Work - Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done
* Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
* Manages Conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively with minimal noise
* Optimizes Work Processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done with a focus on continuous improvement
* Plans and Aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
* Situational Adaptability - Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations