Hospital Assistant III (Float) - Head and Neck Surgery 9/2/2020
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities
Under thernsupervision of the Nurse Manager, and in coordination with the CAO and the MSO, you will follow up patient appointments, complete demographics, referralrnforms, on-line transactions including appointment and procedure schedulingrnusing the CareConnect System.
As our Hospital Assistant III, you will provide patient care support and patient care to various Head & Neck Clinicrnlocations. Some of your responsibilities include the following:
* Greet patients and triage incoming calls.
* Make appointments and check outrnpatients.
* Process patients and notifyrnnursing staff of patient's arrival.
* Bring patients to exam rooms. Preparernpatients for procedures.
* Assist physicians in minor procedures. Take vital signsrnand specimen collections.
* Maintain inventory of medical supplies. Maintainrnsterilization of medical equipment.
* Valid CPRrn certification.
* Med Assistant Certification preferred
* Abilityrn to perform basic clerical function and clinical duties
* Abilityrn to utilize computer system for appointment scheduling, clinical andrn patient data collection
* Abilityrn to maintain efficient patient flow.
* Demonstratedrn knowledge of patient care concepts and practices.
* Abilityrn to perform basic patient care functions.
* Abilityrn to recognize emergent situations.
* Knowledgern of general surgery procedures and medications, provide patients and theirrn family teaching and instruction.
* Demonstratedrn knowledge of aseptic sterile technique.
* Maintainrn medical equipment, instruments and inventories of supplies.
* Typing skills required
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.