Housekeeping - EVS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/6/2019
END DATE 11/14/2019
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an Environmental Services Technician / Housekeeper.
You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun.
Youre equally comfortable with handling cleaning chemicals, sweeping, mopping, changing linens, and responding to urgent calls.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. At our 234-bed Level II Trauma Center, our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Were especially proud of our people, who helped make us one of Americas 100 Best Hospitals according to Healthgrades.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As an EVS Tech / Housekeeper you need to know how to:
* Clean patient rooms or dismissal units, duties including but are not limited to: disinfecting all surfaces, emptying trash, cleaning of sinks, counter areas, shower and toilet, dusting, mopping and vacuuming, restocking paper products and shampooing the carpet.
* Disinfect all public areas duties including but are not limited to: sinks, toilets, washing walls, damp mop, and refill paper products, stairwells, damp disinfecting all areas, disinfecting handrails, replacement of blinds and shampooing carpets, buffing or waxing of floors in areas where needed.
* Follow proper procedure for separating regular waster versus bio hazardous waste, disposal of needles, and storage of clean and dirty linens.
* Clean Ancillary areas duties including but are not limited to: wearing back pack vacuum, cleaning restrooms, trash disposal, damp disinfecting.
* Dispose of Sharps container per policy (if applicable).
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
* High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred
* Bio Hazardous Waste certification may be required within six (6) months of hire
* Prior housekeeping or comparable experience, preferred
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being an EVS Tech / Housekeeper on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities