Housing and Employment Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/24/2020
END DATE 1/29/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
SUMMARY OF JOB:
This individual will assist grant participants and their families in their search to locate permanent housing. The Housing/Employment Specialist will also be required to compile and maintain a list of available landlords and employers willing to house and/or hire participants who may have sporadic job histories and/or legal issues. The Housing/ Employment Specialist will work with the Nashville Davidson County Homeless Impact Division around housing issues. He or She will also work with the local Work Force Board and other employment entities to ensure that participants who are able and have a desire to work can obtain necessary credentials and training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinate with the Metro Nashville Homeless Impact Division and local landlords to house homeless individuals and families.
2. Provide assistance to participants in obtaining housing.
3. Develop relationships with businesses or private landlords that will be willing to work with individuals with poor work histories and/or legal issues.
4. Meet regularly with the grant team to staff participant s progress and needs.
5. Help maintain a good relationship with the landlords after participants are housed.
6. Coordinate with local training and employment entities.
7. Provide assistance to participants in obtaining employment.
8. Provide assistance to participants in writing resumes.
9. Provide job interviewing training to participants when needed.
10. Work with local businesses to develop job placement opportunities.
11.Demonstrate ability to relate to participants and their families in a culturally appropriate manner.
Position requires a minimum of a bachelor s degree in social work, psychology or related field, with at least one year of experience working with individuals/families that experience homelessness, substance use and/or Co-Occurring disorders and/or other barriers to recovery. Must be able to work within a multidisciplinary treatment/service team focused on providing treatment and support services to homeless individuals and their families who are experiencing Substance Use or Co-Occurring Disorders. Must have excellent communication and writing skills.
Individual will need to have organizational abilities, and creative problem solving skills with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks. Bi-lingual skills a plus and knowledge of area community services and resources preferred. Must have reliable transportation, liability insurance, and TN driver s license.
Must value cultural differences and be committed to helping homeless individuals and their families. Must be willing to provide services in various locations in the community such as streets, homeless camps, participant homes, etc. Must be able to create a culture of respect, be flexible, motivate others, and adapt to the participant s pace and needs.
Supervisory Responsibilities for:
Compliance requirement for annual completion of KPI forms
Regular and Reliable Attendance is required
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All other duties as assigned.
TIME TYPE:Full time
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
* HEALTH & WELLNESS
* Medical Coverage
* Dental Coverage
* Vision Coverage
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Savings Account
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability - Company Paid
* Wellness Programs - Company Paid
* FINANCIAL WELLBEING
* Competitive Compensation Packages
* Life Insurance - Company Paid
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
* 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
* Retirement and Financial Planning Services
* Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
* Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
* CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
* At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
* Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
* Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
* Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
* WORK LIFE BALANCE
* Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
* Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
* Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.