This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/29/2020
END DATE 2/14/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT SEABOARD FOODS
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh(R) pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. This ensures the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.
Plans, leads, directs, coordinates and supports human resources functions for a business unit within the organization. Responsible for supervising an HR team while serving as a business partner with operations. Implements, coordinates and applies company HR policies and programs, employment/staffing activities, onboarding and orientation activities, employee/labor relations, compensation and benefit administration and assists with investigations as required by the business unit.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
* Provides specialist guidance on the interpretation and application of policies and procedures. Resolves complex questions or contentious concerns/issues by providing information on processes and the related policies and referring to others where necessary for interpretation of policy. Coaches to enable team to take appropriate actions.
* Communicates the actions needed to implement the business unit's strategy and business plan within the team; understands and explains the relationship of the organization's mission, vision and values; motivate people to commit to these and to doing extraordinary things to achieve local business goals.
* Plans, directs, supervises, administers and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment/staffing, onboarding/orientation/training, benefits and compensation, and employee/labor relations.
* Develops and proposes own performance objectives; take appropriate actions to ensure achievement of agreed objectives, uses the organization's performance management systems to improve personal performance. Manages and report on team performance; set appropriate performance objectives for direct reports or projects / account team members and hold them accountable for achievement, taking appropriate corrective action where necessary to ensure the achievement of team / personal objectives.
* Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering collective bargaining agreements and helping resolve work-related problems where applicable.
* Advise managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
* Ability to identify the team's individual development needs. Plans and implement actions, including continuing professional development to build their professional capabilities. Provide informal training or coaching to the team and others throughout the organization in own area of expertise to enable others to improve performance and fulfill personal potential.
* Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations where applicable.
* Ability to make sense of problems/issues and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve when necessary. For example, looks at problems/issues from multiple angles; explores issues to uncover underlying issues and root causes; has the ability to see the main consequences and implications of different options.
* Makes good and timely decisions that align with the organization. For example, knows when to act independently and when to escalate issues. Uses various inputs, decision criteria to make effective decisions for the department. Typically makes good independent decisions.
Optimizes work processes
* Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement. For example, pays close attention to a variety of metrics and best past practices; determines both major and subtle ways to optimize processes. Swiftly resolves process breakdowns; takes steps to ensure that problems do not recur.
* Handles conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise. For example, seeks out a variety of opinions and options; maintains an open mind; takes steps to ensure conflict remains constructive; avoids polarized or unilateral decisions; seeks agreement on critical issues.
Builds Effective Teams
* Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals of the organization. For example, holds constructive dialogue with the team regularly; takes multiple perspectives into account when making decisions. Commits to and prioritizes the team's decisions in most situations; conveys and maintains a positive team spirit.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skills, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as listed below.
* Bachelor's degree required. Preferred areas of study including human resources or business administration, or other related field.
* Work experience in human resources, recruiting, business administration or other related field in a high volume, fast-paced work environment while influencing others, applying sound judgment and non-bias to situations, interviewing and assessing people, and building relationships is preferred.
* Experience in planning and managing resources to deliver predetermined objectives as specified by more senior managers.
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite. Experience with applicant tracking systems (ATS) and human resources information systems (HRIS) preferred.
* Bilingual; English and Spanish preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment includes normal office environment as well as climate extremes found in all areas of live operations. Incumbent may be required to travel to farm sites, remote facilities and/or corporate offices for training. The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet. The noise level may sometimes be very loud when visiting other departments.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management. After-hours, weekends and overnight travel as requested.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Visit the following URL for ore information: