HR Technical/Solutions Lead 5/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About RTI:
If you re looking for a place where you can make a difference, RTI is the place for you. Every day, our experts come to the office, the lab, and the field in pursuit of our mission to improve the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our diverse team embraces challenges in an inclusive atmosphere that values work-life balance and creates global opportunities for career development. We make that happen by investing in you dynamic professional development, employee wellness, world-class benefits. Join our team and put your knowledge and skills to work to improve the human condition.
About the Role:
RTI International is seeking an HR Technical/Solution Lead to join its growing Global Technology Solutions team. If you like a good mix of technology, people, and process, this is a great fit for you! This role remains a technical contributor 50% of the time. The candidate will have proven themselves by providing innovative, lean solutions to business problems. Their solutions have been architected well and stood the test of time. They have not just hacked a solution to meet deadlines. In addition, they have demonstrated an ability to lead people, and have built their reputation as a go to person. Finally, they recognize the importance of good processes to manage the flow of work across different groups.
What you'll do:
* Function as the engineering expert, designing solutions, delivering solutions, and owning complex areas of our business.
* Lead an agile team with 4-8 direct reports.
* Manage day to day activities that come with owning an area: address issues, answer questions, monitor key performance indicators, and develop a vision for where the area is going. Reactive and proactive attention is given to the area.
* Manage capacity and utilization of resources by working with project managers and relationship managers to forecast needs according to business priorities while balancing the area s operational health.
* When given a business goal to achieve, drive for a solution architecture that delivers value quickly and has a corresponding complexity to match the desired business value.
* Lead the development of solutions ensuring we are taking full advantage of RTI International s competitive advantages and using lean principles to guide the development. Focusing on delivering business value through iterations and converging on the final solution from knowledge created during the solution development.
* Develop the skill sets and leadership potential of team members. Review team members on a quarterly basis, advising them on their performance and guiding them to achieve their career goals.
* Provide assignments to team members to grow their skill set and experience to prepare them for the next level in their careers.
* Support strategic business initiatives across the institute by enhancing and evolving the HR technology environment.
* Follow proper controls and participate in audits to ensure compliance with RTI and regulatory policies.
* Develop and manage tools to monitor and analyze the quality of the team delivery.
* Be creative! Seek out and define new reporting and analysis capabilities to drive improved visibility to past performance and enable future decision-making.
Minimum required education and experience:
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Economics Finance or related field required.
* 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in engineering, solutions design and delivery.
* Experience working with HR Solutions via SaaS including Oracle HCM, Microsoft Dynamics 365 or other ERP is a must.
* 1-2 years of experience directly leading others, including developers and application administrators, is strongly preferred.
* U.S. citizenship is required due to specific contractual requirements.
Skills, abilities, and other experience:
* Demonstrated ability to communicate with people inside and outside of technology. Must have an ability to listen and understand differing viewpoints and be able to quickly assimilate new information.
* Demonstrated ability to write technical documents (design documents, test plans, requirements).
* Proven ability to trade off functionality with delivery time without sacrificing quality or integrity.
* Demonstrated creativity in current role is a must.
* Proven ability to deliver fast via Lean Software Development philosophy.
* Strong development skills. Other programming languages Java, .NET, C#, Python, Drupal etc. are a plus.
* Proficiency in concepts like integration methods, using pipelines, pub-sub architecture, and reusable objects: OOD principles, Microservices, API, etc. is a plus.
* Ability to work with Data Visualization using tools like power BI or other visualization tools.
* Development experience using physical and cloud environments: Azure, AWS, Containers, etc. is a plus.
* Ability to multitask and successfully execute multiple projects, priorities, and schedules simultaneously, meeting all deadlines.
* Experience testing new functionality, data, and processes across operations and business intelligence systems.
* Attention to detail producing high quality work products.
* Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
* Strong project management skills.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available-