HSE Representative 11/12/2019
Hunt Oil Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Hunt Oil Company
The Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Representative assists with the successful implementation of the Hunt Oil Company (HOC) HSE Management System and associated HSE plans for each business unit by providing field support for Construction, Drilling, Completions, Production and Workover operations.
* Collaborate with Corporate HSE Representatives on all aspects of the HSE plan, including areas of contractor management, stakeholder engagement, data collection, risk assessments, worksite compliance, audits, jobsite inspections and safety meeting presentations.
* Maintain high visibility and daily communication with all field staff.
* Provide classroom safety training to employees and applicable contractors.
* Coach field supervisors to manage HSE expectations and accountability.
* Meet with contractor companies to provide HSE orientations, conduct onsite audits and to explain Hunt HSE expectations
* Assist with incident investigations and root cause analysis.
* Assist and participate in Emergency Response planning and field exercises.
* Possess a reasonable understanding of regulations to ensure compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA, TCEQ, and TX RRC.
* Provide field oversight and supervision of spill remediation projects.
* Manage safety controls (H2S response equip., PPE, fire extinguishers, etc.). Ensure all equipment is adequate, available and readily accessible to workers.
* Participate in work site safety meetings (pre-tour, pre-work, etc.).
* Conduct EHS compliance inspections of worksites, including production, drilling, and completions.
* Maintain frequent communication with Corporate HSE Manager and District Compliance Coordinator.
* Provide HSE supervision during high risk activities (rig moves, battery construction, simultaneous operations, etc.).
* Conduct inspections of third party waste facilities.
* Good presentation skills. Ability to build safety meeting material and present to field staff.
* Knowledge to assist in performing risk assessments based on various health, safety, and environmental needs across various projects or job sites.
* Risk Controls Identification Implementation of Comprehensive O&G HSE Program
* Read, Interpret, and Implement Compliance with Government Regulations or Industry Standards
* Collaborate with various team members to prepare and deliver training & development programs per HSE training matrix.
* Emergency Response Implement plans and programs to mitigate emergency events
* Effective communication of HSE plan requirements to various staff and contractors, including development and delivery of safety meetings, inspection findings, corrective actions, etc.
* Able to visit operating and potential work sites in remote locations
* Able to travel to remote locations
* Able to respond to emergency events and participate in technical or leadership role
* Able to climb ladders and utilize all forms of protective equipment (PPE) including respirators
* Willingness to learn and develop new areas of knowledge and expertise
* Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline required
* Minimum of 5 years of progressively increasing responsibility in, and health. safety and/or environmental duties in Oil & Gas or Petro-Chemical industry
Midland, Texas, United States
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)