Human Resource Generalist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/13/2019
END DATE 11/22/2019
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTION1We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what vehicle you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. Our purpose is to create the innovative solutions for those that make the world.
Click on the link to learn more about how it is our purpose to innovate for those that make our world!
WHY WORK FOR STANLEY BLACK & DECKER?
Since 1843, we ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world s most valuable things.
As a Fortune 500 Company that was recently named one of the Top 100 Companies for Millennial Women and one of Fortune s Most Admired Companies, Stanley Black and Decker always strives for excellence when it comes to our employees. We are a stable yet always advancing company with a proven track record for longevity and quality.
About the Job:
Located at our Fontana Distribution Center located in Fontana, CA, the team is looking for an Bilingual Human Resource Generalist to lead the day to day operations of the HR Department Including managing HR programs, Talent Development, and policies/procedures for the business. This individual will be responsible for developing positive employee relations, effective communications, training & development, safety, benefits administration, recruitment & hiring.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Build and maintain strong, trust-based relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business with the highest degree of integrity and discretion.
* Provides support to all HR functions such as onboarding, benefits, compensation, and training. Uses policies and principles to coordinate HR related projects
* Represent employee advocacy and strong business partner relations
* Develop an employee oriented culture that strives on safety, quality, continuous improvement and productivity
* Work together with employees, supervisors and managers to resolve employee relations issues
* Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures
* Reinforces and advocates for Open Door Policy across the leadership team
* Prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures
* Fosters a consistent, clear, concise communication plan
* Plan and coordinate recruitment strategies. This includes sourcing (internet, job fairs, newspapers, agencies etc.) interviewing, selection, diversity initiatives, background checks, drug testing and manpower planning
* FMLA/Disability administration/Worker s Compensation administration
* Administers associate training, and new hire orientation
* Participates in working groups, councils and committees
* Serves as backup for payroll specialist when needed
* Other duties as assigned
* Minimum of 1-3 years of experience as an HR Generalist with a bachelor's degree in related field required
* Bilingual in English/Spanish strongly preferred
* Experience in Distribution environment preferred
* Thorough knowledge of wide range of HR/legal standards & regulations, programs, processes, and tools in all areas ranging from recruitment, benefits, training, and payroll
* Self-starting, results-oriented individual who is team oriented
* Effective organization, time management, and verbal/written communication skills
* Able to handle multiple projects and priorities as well as deal with ambiguity
* Demonstrates a strong attention to detail
* Advanced computer literacy, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word
* Willing to work additional hours to cover off shifts for communication rhythms
* Accountability Makes and meets commitments. Accepts responsibility. Has a passion for excellence.
* Integrity Operates in accordance with our business conduct policies. Is honest, fair and trustworthy in all activities and relationships. Strives to create a safe workplace and to protect the environment.
* Respect Treats others with respect and candor. Actively supports a diverse work environment. Builds positive work relationships.
* Speed Has a bias for action. Takes calculated risks based on quality data. Drives for standardization and simplification.
* Stretch Sets aggressive goals and celebrates progress. Continually strives to be best in class. Has a passion to exceed customer expectations.
* Vision Creates clear, simple, reality-based, customer-focused strategy and goals. Build trust and commitment through candid communication. Energizes and excites others.
* Boundaryless Is open to ideas from anywhere. Participates openly and constructively without alienating others. Has a global perspective.
* Full Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage available
* 2 Weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan w/ Employer Election Matching (Subject to terms and eligibility)
* Education Reimbursement Program (Subject to terms and eligibility)
All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.